Establishment of Waves Generated by a Pulsating Source in a Finite-Depth Fluid
- 5 Downloads
A correct solution of Sretenskii’s plane problem of a source pulsating in a finite-depth fluid is derived. The solution is found using generalized functions as a limit in the infinite future of a wave regime generated by a source which starts to execute pulsations in a fluid initially at rest at a certain moment of time.
Keywordsestablishment of surface waves pulsating source fluid layer of finite depth generalized functions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. N. Sretenskii, Theory of Wave Motions of Fluids [in Russian] (Nauka, Moscow, 1977).Google Scholar
- 4.L. M. Brekhovskikh and V. V. Goncharov, Introduction into Continuum Mechanics [in Russian] (Nauka, Moscow, 1982).Google Scholar
- 6.V. S. Vladimirov, Generalized Functions in Mathematical Physics [in Russian] (Nauka, Moscow, 1976).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Kecs and P. Teodorescu, Introducere in Teoria Distributiilor cu Aplicata in Tehnica (Editura Tehnica, Bucharest, 1975).Google Scholar
- 8.A. T. Il’ichev, Solitary Waves in Hydromechanic Models [in Russian] (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2003).Google Scholar