Hydrodynamic Solution to the Problem of Water Permeability of a Screen with Damaged Continuity
- 17 Downloads
The problem of water permeability of a thin impervious screen made of a polymeric geomembrane with flaws (damages) is considered. The screen consists of a covering layer and a ground base underlaid by a drainage bed. The solution is implemented using methods of theory of flow through a porous medium by means of the conformal mapping and velocity hodograph methods. The characteristic feature of this solution is the study of free pressurized–pressureless flow in a porousmediumthrough a continuous slit in the plane formulation. The basic computational dependences are presented and the calculations of the water permeability are carried out by means of the formulas obtained in comparison with the well-known dependences for a particular case.
KeywordsWater permeability impervious screen geomembrane continuity theory of flow through a porous media velocity hodograph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. P. Nedriga, “Water Permeability of Impervious Film Screens,” Tr. VODGEO, Vol. 52, 22–26 (Inzhenernaya Gidrogeologiya, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Zhilenkov, V. D. Glebov, and N. V. Stabnikov, Recommendations for Designing and Building of Impervious Linings of Gold-Dumps and Production Storages of Power Plant Sewage Waters (P82-79) (Leningrad, Vedeneev VNIIG, 1980) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Ch. Abadjiev and F. Muleshov, “Determination of the Water Permeability of a Screen Consisting of Three Strata Separated by Clay Partings,” Tekhnicheska Mysl 1, 57–62 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Pavlovskii, Selected Works. Vol. 2. Motion of Underground Waters (Izd. AN SSSR, Moscow, Leningrad, 1956) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.P. Ya. Polubarinova-Kochina, Theory of Motion of Underground Waters (Nauka, Moscow, 1977) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.S. F. Aver’yanov, Seepage from Channels and its Effect on the Underground Water Regime (Kolos, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Vedernikov, Theory of Flow through a Porous Medium and its Application to Irrigation and Drainage (Gosstroiizdat, Moscow, Leningrad, 1939) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. I. Kosichenko and O. A. Baev, “Theoretical Estimate of Water Permeability of an Impervious Lining with Damaged Continuity,” Izv. Vuzov. Severo-Kavkazskii Region. Tekhn. Nauki, No. 3, 68–74 (2014).Google Scholar