Investigation of the evolutionarity of discontinuities in binary mixture flows through a porous medium
- 48 Downloads
The discontinuity surfaces (shock waves) that arise in nonisothermal carbon dioxide-water binary mixture flows through a porous medium are considered. In the plane of determining parameters the discontinuity adiabats are investigated and their evolutionarity diagrams are plotted. It is shown that one of the adiabat branches corresponds to the displacement fronts at which there are no temperature jumps and phase transitions and the other branch to temperature jumps and phase transition fronts. The adiabat branches may intersect at a point that corresponds to the Jouguet point for the parameters both ahead of and behind the finite-amplitude jump. It is shown that in the neighborhood of this double Jouguet point the adiabat behavior differs from the classical adiabat behavior at single Jouguet points.
Keywordsporous medium flow through a porous medium evolutionarity Jouguet point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.I. Barenblatt, V.M. Entov, and V.M. Ryzhik, Motion of Liquids and Gases in Natural Formations (Nedra, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.A.G. Kulikovskii and E.I. Sveshnikova, Nonlinear Waves in Elastic Media (Moskovskii Litsei, Moscow, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.D. Voskov and H. Tchelepi, “Compositional Space Parameterization: Multi-Contact Miscible Displacements and Extension to Multiple Phases,” SPE Journal 14(3), 441–449 (2009).Google Scholar
- 11.A.A. Afanasyev, “Multiphase Compositional Modelling of CO2 Injection under Subcritical Conditions: The Impact of Dissolution and Phase Transitions between Liquid and Gaseous CO2 on Reservoir Temperature,” Int. J. Greenhouse Gas Contr. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijggc.2013.01.042 (2013). Accepted for publication.Google Scholar
- 13.V. Singh, “Reservoir Modeling of CO2 Plume Behavior Calibrated against Monitoring Data from Sleipner,” SPE Paper 134891-MS (2010).Google Scholar
- 14.R.I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multiphase Media, Pt. 1 (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.R.H. Brooks and A.T. Corey, “Hydraulic Properties of Porous Media,” Hydrol. Papers. Colorado State Univ., No. 3 (1964).Google Scholar