Mathematical model of nonisothermal multiphase binary mixture flow through a porous medium
- 62 Downloads
A model of nonisothermal binary mixture flow through a porous medium, applicable over a wide range of thermobaric conditions, including temperatures higher than the critical mixture temperature, is proposed. A nonclassical approach used for modeling the mixture properties makes it possible to uniformly describe its single-, two- and three-phase thermodynamic equilibria and the corresponding flows under sub- and supercritical thermodynamic conditions. The wide application of thermodynamic methods to determining the real mixture properties leads to a nonstandard mathematical model in which the conservation laws are closed with a conditional extremum problem, not finite or differential equations. A dispersion analysis of the model equations is performed and the characteristic velocities in zones of different mixture phase states are determined.
Keywordsnonisothermal flow through a porous medium compositional model of flow through a porous medium phase transitions multicomponent mixture dispersion analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshits, Theoretical Physics, Vol. 4: Statistical Physics (Gostekhizdat, Moscow, 1951) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.A.I. Brusilovskii, Phase Transitions during the Development of Oil and Gas Fields (Graal, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.L.I. Sedov, Mechanics of Continuous Media, Vol. 1 (Nauka, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.K. Pruess, C. Oldenburg, and G. Moridis, Tough2 User’s Guide, Version 2.0 (LBNL-43134, 1999), http://esd.lbl.gov/TOUGH2.
- 14.R.I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multiphase Media, Pt. 1 (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.V.A. Zorich, Mathematical Analysis, Pt. 1 (FAZIS, Moscow, 1997) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.Kh. Aziz and A. Settari, Petroleum Reservoir Simulation (Kluwer Academic Publ., 1979).Google Scholar
- 18.A.G. Kulikovskii and E.I. Sveshnikova, Nonlinear Waves in Elastic Media (Moskovskii Litsei, Moscow, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.G.I. Barenblatt, V.M. Entov, and V.M. Ryzhik, Motion of Liquids and Gases in Natural Formations (Nedra, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar