Numerical simulation of injection of a solvent into a production well under electromagnetic action
- 73 Downloads
The results of a theoretical investigation of the possibility of using powerful radio-frequency (RF) electromagnetic (EM) radiation combined with solvent injection in high-viscosity oil fields for the purpose of intensifying oil recovery are given. A mathematical model of the three-stage stimulation of a high-viscosity oil pool is proposed. The model takes into account the cross-flow heat and mass transfer effects initiated by the movement of a multicomponent system through a porous medium under the action of an EM field. A comparative analysis of the results of calculations of the proposed combined method and its components (EM treatment of the reservoir bottomhole zone without solvent injection and “cold” displacement of oil by a solvent) is carried out.
Keywordsradio-frequency electromagnetic field solvent cyclic action thermodiffusion energy balance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Bourger, P. Sourieau, and M. Combarnous, Récuperation Assistée du Pétrole. Les Méthodes Termiques (Paris Technip., 1984).Google Scholar
- 2.F.L. Sayakhov, L.A. Kovaleva, M.A. Fatykhov, and G.A. Khalikov, “Mineral Wealth Recovery Method,” Russian Federation Patent of Invention No. 1824983. Publ. in Bulletin of Inventions No. 29 (1997).Google Scholar
- 3.R.I. Nigmatulin, F.L. Sayakhov, and L.A. Kovaleva, “Cross-Flow Transfer Phenomena in Disperse Systems Interacting with a High-Frequency Electromagnetic Field,” Dokl. Ros. Akad. Nauk 377, No. 3, 340–343 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.F.L. Sayakhov, L.A. Kovaleva, and N.M. Nasyrov, “Study of Features of Heat-and Mass Transfer in the Well Bottomhole Zone for Solvent Injection with Simultaneous Electromagnetic Stimulation,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 71, No. 1, 161–165 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.E.R. Abernethy, “Production in Ease of Heavy Oils by Electromagnetic Heating,” J. Can. Petrol. Technol. 15, No. 3, 91–97 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.F.L. Sayakhov, L.A. Kovaleva, N.M. Nasyrov, and A.D. Galimbekov, “Influence of a High-Frequency Electromagnetic Field on the Cross-Flow Transfer Effects in Multicomponent Systems,” Magnitnaya Gidrodinamika 34, No. 2, 148–157 (1998).Google Scholar
- 7.V.N. Nikolaevskii, E.A. Bondarev, M.I. Mirkin et al., Movement of Hydrocarbon Mixtures through a Porous Medium (Nedra, Moscow, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.R.I. Nigmatulin, Fundamentals of Mechanics of Heterogeneous Media (Nauka, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].Google Scholar