A New Genus of the Family Pteromalidae (Hymenoptera, Chalcidoidea) from the Russian Far East
- 6 Downloads
A new genus Tachingousagen. n. with the type species Tachingousa trjapitzinisp. n. is described from the Russian Far East. The new genus is similar to Lyubana Bouček, 1991, from which it may be distinguished by a large antennal clava, equal in length to the last 4 funicular segments and with a large micropilosity area, propodeum with convex nucha without distal (arcuate) costula connected with plicae.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dzhanokmen, K.A., “Family Pteromalidae,” in A Key to the Insects of the European Part of the USSR. Vol. 3. Hymenoptera. Part 5, Ed. by Medvedev, G.S. (Nauka, Leningrad, 1978), pp. 57–228 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Gibson, G.A.P., Morphology and Terminology. Annotated Keys to the Genera of Nearctic Chalcidoidea (Hymenoptera) (NRC Research Press, Ottawa, 1997), pp. 16–44.Google Scholar
- 3.Sureshan, P.M., “First Record of Lyubana Boucek from Indian Subcontinent with Description of a New Species from Sri Lanka (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea: Pteromalidae),” Records of the Zoological Survey of India 107 (3), 1–5 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.Tselikh, E.V., “New Data on the Pteromalid Wasps (Hymenoptera, Chalcidoidea: Pteromalidae) of the Russian Far East,” Entomologicheskoe Obozrenie 95 (1), 91–112 (2016) [Entomological Review 96 (2), 175–190 (2016)].Google Scholar
- 5.Xiao, H. and Huang, D.W., “Studies of the Genus Lyubana Bouček, with Descriptions of Three New Species (Hymenoptera: Pteromalidae),” Acta Zootaxonomica Sinica 22 (4), 403–409 (1997).Google Scholar