On high abundance of the Harlequin lady beetle, Harmonia axyridis (Pall.) (Coleoptera, Coccinellidae), in the plains of the Northwestern Caucasus, Russia
- 18 Downloads
The Harlequin lady beetle, Harmonia axyridis (Pallas), is recorded in great numbers in the city of Krasnodar and in the plain part of Krasnodar and Stavropol territories in mid-October 2013. The beetles flew onto walls and windows of the apartment buildings in Krasnodar and were found concentrating in a car and on fruit trees in an orchard in western Stavropol Territory.
KeywordsEntomological Review Apartment Building Lady Beetle Harmonia Axyridis Sunny Weather
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Belyakova, N.A., and Polikarpova, Yu.B., “Acclimatization of Harmonia axyridis Pall. and Cryptolaemus montrouzieri Muls. (Coccinellidae, Coleoptera) on the Black Sea Coast of the Caucasus,” Vestnik Zashchity Rasteniy 4 (43–48) (2013).Google Scholar
- 3.Izhevskii, S.S., “Invasions of Alien Pests of Plants in European Part of Russia Continues,” Zashchita Rastenii 6 (25–28) (2008).Google Scholar
- 4.Korotyaev, B.A., “On the Distribution Dynamics of Some Beetles (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae, Bruchidae, Curculionidae) in the Plains of the Northwestern Caucasus, Russia,” Entomol. Obozr. 92 (3) (626–629) (2013) [Entomol. Rev. 95 (1) (137-140) 2015].Google Scholar
- 5.Ukrainskii, A.S., “The Harlequin Ladybird, Harmonia axyridis Pall. (Coleoptera, Coccinellidae) in the North Caucasus,” Evraziat. Entomol. Zhurn. 12 (35–38) (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.Ukrainskii, A.S. and Shapovalov, M.I., “Family Coccinellidae, Ladybirds,” in Beetles (Insecta, Coleoptera) of the Adygeya Republic: an Annotated Catalogue of Species, Ed. by A.S. Zamotailov and N.B. Nikitskii (Adygeya State Univ., Maikop,  2010), pp. 199–201 [in Russian].Google Scholar