Ecological prerequisites for the distribution of the benthic fauna in the Urukh River basin (Northern Slopes of the Central Caucasus)
- 50 Downloads
The environmental conditions are described for the unexplored upper course of the Urukh River and the water bodies (rivers, streams, and lakes) typical of its basin. A list of benthic amphibiotic insects of four orders under study is given. The distribution of the fauna is analyzed as a function of the ecological parameters of the water bodies of the Urukh River basin.
KeywordsEntomological Review Ecological Prerequisite Mountain River Rhodani Tipula
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brodskii, K.A., The Mountain Stream of the Tien-Shan Range. An Ecological and Faunistic Essay (Nauka, Leningrad, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Kornoukhova, I.I., “Caddis Flies of the Terek River Basin (North Caucasus),” Candidate’s Dissertation in Biology (Riga, 1976).Google Scholar
- 3.Kornoukhova, I.I., “Caddis Flies (Trichoptera) of the Great Caucasus: Composition, Distribution, and Origin,” Doctoral Dissertation in Biology (St. Petersburg, 1999) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Tarnogradskii, D.A. and Popov, K.K., “Contributions to the Biology and Distribution of the Fasciolasis-Inducing Limnaea truncatula in the North Caucasus,” in Proceedings of the Territorial Hydrobiological Station of the Mountaineers’ Agricultural Institute (Ordzhonikidze, 1932–1933), Vol. 1, Issue 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Khatukhov, A.M., Taov, A.M., and Yakimov, A.V., “Preliminary Results of the Hydrochemical and Hydrobiological Studies of the River Water Quality in Kabardino-Balkaria,” Vestnik Kabardino-Balkar Gos. Univ., Ser. Biol., No. 8, 97–104 (2006).Google Scholar