Zoogeographical characteristics of the Systellognatha (Plecoptera) fauna of Russia and adjacent countries
- 71 Downloads
The stonefly fauna of the Systellognatha group of Russia and adjacent countries comprises 120 species belonging to 43 genera of 5 families. According to the geographical distribution, 12 groups of genera and 16 species-groups are distinguished. Most of the genera belong to the Holarctic (5), Nearctic-Eastern Palaearctic (7), Amphipacific (9), and Western Palaearctic (8) groups; among the species, the Eastern Palaearctic (29), Palaearchearctic (25), and Western Palaearctic (19) ones are prevalent. There are endemic species, especially in the Caucasus and Middle Asia.
KeywordsEntomological Review European Part Adjacent Country Balin Volga River Basin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Levanidova, I.M., Amphibiotic Insects of the Mountain Regions in the Far East of the USSR. Faunistics, Ecology, and Zoogeography of Plecoptera and Trichoptera (Nauka, Leningrad, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Semenov-Tian-Shansky, A.P., The Limits and Zoogeographical Subdivisions of the Palaearctic Region for Terrestrial Animals, Based on the Geographical Distribution of Coleoptera (with Map) (Acad. Sci. of the USSR, Moscow, 1935) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Teslenko, B.A., “Aerological Analysis of the Fauna of Stoneflies (Plecoptera) of the Far East,” in Vladimir Yakovlevich Levanidov’s Biennial Memorial Readings (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 2003), No 2, pp. 187–195 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Zapekina-Dulkeit, Yu.I. and Dulkeit, G.D., “The Fauna of Stoneflies (Plecoptera, Insecta) and Their Role in the Nature of Siberian Water Bodies,” in Trudy Gos. Prirod. Zapoved. “Stolby” 12, 53–99 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.Zhiltzova, L.A., “Zoogeographic Features of the Euholognatha Fauna (Plecoptera) of Russia and Adjacent Territories (within the Limits of the Former USSR),” in Ephemeroptera and Plecoptera: Biology-Ecology-Systematics (MTL, Fribourg, 1997), pp. 186–192.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhiltzova, L.A., “Stoneflies (Plecoptera). The Euholognatha Group,” in Fauna of Russia and Adjacent Countries (Nauka, St. Petersburg, 2003), Vol. 1, No 1, (New Series No 145) [in Russian].Google Scholar