The fauna of chironomids and blackflies (Diptera: Chironomidae, Simuliidae) and hydrochemical characteristics of the Hrazdan River (Armenia)
An annotated list of chironomids (33 species) and blackflies (23 species), identified mainly by their preimaginal phases, is given for the Hrazdan River, Armenia. The list of chironomids comprises five subfamilies: Tanypodinae (1 genus), Diamesinae (1), Prodiamesinae (1), Orthocladiinae (14), and Chironominae (4). The hydrochemical investigation of the Hrazdan River performed in 2002–2004 showed the water quality to vary between years, seasons, and places.
KeywordsWater Quality Suspended Solid River Mouth Tert Entomological Review
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Arutyunyan, S., Grigoryan, V., and Oganesyan, R., “Water Quality Dynamics in Hrazdan River,” Ekol. Zh. Armenii, no. 1, 107–113 (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.Bening, A.L. and Popova, A.N., “On the Hydrobiology of Zanga River from Its Source to the City of Yerevan,” Trudy Sevan. Gidrobiol. Stantsii 8, 5–75 (1947).Google Scholar
- 4.Fridman, G.M., “Benthic Fauna of Sevan Lake,” Trudy Sevan. Gidrobiol. Stantsii 11, 1–22 (1950).Google Scholar
- 5.Kachvoryan, E.A., Petrova, N.A., and Chubareva, L.A., “Results of the Karyologcal Study of the Fauna of Blood-Sucking Blackflies (Diptera: Simuliidae) of Armenia,” Parazitologiya 37(2), 89–102 (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.Kachvoryan, E.A., Werner, D., Adler, P.H., and Harutyunova, M.V., “Ecological Conditions and Fauna of Black Flies in the River Hrazdan, Armenia,” in Int. Simuliidae Symp., 15–18 September 2004, Berlin, Germany (Deutsche Ges. für allgemeine und angewandte Entomologie, no. 18, 2004), pp. 111–113.Google Scholar
- 7.Karageuzyan, K.G., Chubareva, L.A., Kachvoryan, E.A., et al., “Ecological Conditions of the Hrazdan River (Armenia). Report 1,” Vestnik MANEB 8(4), 30–34 (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.Pankratova, V.Ya., Chubareva, L.A., and Petrova, N.A., “On the Taxonomy of Chironomus species (Chironomidae) from Sevan Lake,” in New Data on Dipteran Karyosystematics (Zool. Inst. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Leningrad, 1980), Vol. 95, pp. 50–54 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.Sharonov, I.V., “Tendipedid Larvae of Sevan Lake,” Trudy Sevan. Gidrobiol. Stantsii 12, 35–91 (1951).Google Scholar
- 10.Shilova, A.I. and Zelentsov, N.I., “On the Fauna of Chrionomidae (Diptera) of Sevan Lake,” Inform. Byull. IBVV AN SSSR 79, 48–51 (1988).Google Scholar
- 11.Slobodchikov, B.Ya., “Hydrochemical Regime of Sevan Lake According to the Data of 1947–1948,” Trudy Sevan. Gidrobiol. Stantsii 12, 5–28 (1951).Google Scholar
- 12.Terteryan, A.E., “Blackflies (Simuliidae),” in Fauna of the Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic. Diptera (Armen. Acad. Sci., Yerevan, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar