Synthesis and Structure of New Water-Soluble Ag(I) and Pb(II) Complexes with Sulfonyl-Substituted Derivatives of the closo-Decaborate Anion
- 7 Downloads
The reactivity of sulfonyl-substituted closo-decaborate derivatives (the [2-B10H9SH]2– and [2-B10H9S(CН2C(О)NН2)2]– anions) in the complexation of Ag(I) and Pb(II), Pearson soft acids, in the presence of competitive organic ligands has been studied. The substituted derivatives act as bridging ligands to form silver(I) binuclear complexes [(Ag(bipy)2)2(2-B10H9SH)] and [(Ag(bipy)2)2(2-B10H9S(CН2C(О)NН2)2]NO3; the [2-B10H9SH]2– anion is involved in the lead(II) coordination polyhedron in the [Pb(2-B10H9SH)] and [Pb(bipy)2(2-B10H9SH)] complexes; in [Pb(bipy)2][2-B10H9S(CН2C(О)NН2)2]2, the substituted decaborate derivative acts as a counterion. The solubility of the mixed-ligand complexes is different due to the variety of their structures. The synthesized complexes are the first water-soluble lead and silver compounds with the closo-decaborate anion.
This work was supported by the Council of the President of the Russian Federation for State Support of Leading Scientific Schools (project no. NSh-2845.2018.3).
- 4.Zhizhin, K.Yu., Vovk, O.O., Malinina, E.A., Mustyatsa, L.V. Goeva, L.V., Polyakova, I.N., and Kuznetsov, N.T., Russ. J. Coord. Chem., 2011, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 653–658.Google Scholar
- 5.Zhizhin, K.Yu., Malinina, E.A., Polyakova, I.N., Lisovskii, M.V., et al., Russ. J. Inorg. Chem., 2002, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 1158–1167.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhizhin, K.Yu., Mustyatsa, V.N., Malinina, E.A., Matveev, E.Yu., et al., Russ. J. Inorg. Chem., 2005, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 203—209.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhizhin, K.Yu., Malinina, E.A., Goeva, L.V., Chernyavskii, S.A., Ivanov, S.V., Luk’yanets, E.A., Solntsev, K.A., and Kuznetsov, N.T., Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 1997, vol. 357, no. 2, p. 206.Google Scholar
- 8.Orlova, A.M., Sivaev, I.B., Lagun, V.L., Solntsev, K.A., and Kuznetsov, N.T., Koord. Khim., 1993, vol. 19, p. 116.Google Scholar