The role of pre-nucleus states in formation of nanocrystalline yttrium orthoferrite
Formation of hexagonal and orthorhombic YFeO3 nanocrystals from an amorphous phase upon heat treatment of glycine–nitrate combustion products has been studied. The initial X-ray amorphous precursor has been shown to have pre-nucleus species of two types. Rapid formation of h-YFeO3 nanocrystals is explained by the presence of structurally similar pre-nucleus species in the precursor, while o-YFeO3 nanocrystals are formed much more slowly through recrystallization of the hexagonal and amorphous yttrium orthoferrite phases.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Komlev, A.A. and Vilezhaninov, E.F., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 2013, vol. 86, no. 9, pp. 1373–1380.Google Scholar
- 5.Popkov, V.I. and Al’myasheva, O.V., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 2014, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 185–189.Google Scholar
- 6.Gusarov, V.V., Z. Obshch. Khim., 1997, vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 1959–1964.Google Scholar
- 7.Tugova, E.A. and Karpov, O.N., Nanosystems: Phys., Chem., Math., 2014, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 854–860.Google Scholar
- 10.Popkov, V.I., Al’myasheva, O.V., and Gusarov, V.V., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 2014, vol. 87, no. 10, pp. 1416–1420.Google Scholar
- 11.Nguen, A.T., Mittova, I.Ya., and Al’myasheva, O.V., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 2009, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. S. 1766–1769.Google Scholar
- 12.Popkov, V.I., Almjasheva, O.V., and Nevedomskiy, V.N., Nanosystems: Phys., Chem., Math., 2015, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 866–874.Google Scholar