Silver-Containing Humic Substance-Based Nanocomposites—Agents for Healing of Potatoes from the Ring Rot
- 4 Downloads
The influence of silver-containing humic substance (HS)-based nanocomposites (NCs) obtained from mud, shale, and coals of three kinds of deposits in Mongolia on the viability and ability to biofilm formation of a phytopathogenic gram-positive bacterium Clavibacter michiganensis subsp. sepedonicus (Cms), as well as peroxidase activity and potato plant growth in vitro, has been investigated. The maximum reduction of the viability of bacterial cells was found in the case of incubation with HS-mu/Ag NC and HS-coal/Ag NC. It was found that HSs, including HS-mu and HS-sl, and NCs synthesized on the base of these HSs, HS-mud/Ag NC and HS-sl/Ag NC reduce more than twofold the activity of peroxidase in potato tissues. It was also found that HS-co and HS-coal/Ag NC stimulate the potato peroxidase activity, as well as biofilm formation of Cms bacterium. No negative effect of the studied NCs on the growth of potato has been revealed. Moreover, NC HS-mud/Ag based on mud had a stimulating effect on leaf formation in plants.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anisimov, B.V., Belov, G.L., Varitsev, Yu.A., Elanskii, S.N., Zhuromskii, G.K., Zavriev, S.K., Zeiruk, V.N., Ivanyuk, V.G., Kuznetsova, M.A., Plyakhnevich, M.P., Pshechenkov, K.A., Simakov, E.A., Sklyarova, N.P., Stashevski, Z., Uskov, A.I., and Yashina, I.M., Zashchita kartofelya ot boleznei, vreditelei i sornyakov (Protection of Potato from Diseases, Pests, and Weeds), Moscow: Kartofelevod, 2009.Google Scholar
- 3.Van der Wolf, J.M., Elphinstone, J.G., Stead, D.E., Metzler, M., Muller, P., Hukkanen, A., and Karjalainen, R., Epidemiology of Clavibacter michiganensis subsp. sepedonicus in Relation to Control of Bacterial Ring Rot: Report 95, Wageningen: Plant Research International B.V., 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.Dolmaa, G. and Aleksandrova, G., Biologicheskaya aktivnost– guminovykh veshchestv i ikh nanokompozitov (The Biological Activity of Humic Compounds and Their Nanocomposites), Saarbücken: LAP Lambert Academic, 2017.Google Scholar
- 6.Boyarkin, A.N., Biokhimiya, 1951, vol. 16, pp. 352–355.Google Scholar
- 7.Neverova, O.A., Egorova, I.N., Zherebtsov, S.I., and Ismagilov, Z.R., Sovr. Probl. Nauki Obraz., 2013, no. 2. https://doi.org/www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=8624.
- 8.Sartakov, M.P., Leonov, V.V., and Yugorskii, G.U., Izv. Orenburg. Gos. Agr. Univ., 2011, vol. 3, no. 31–1, pp. 303–304.Google Scholar
- 10.Aleksandrova, G.P., Lesnichaya, M.V., Dolmaa, G., Klimenkov, I.V., Sukhov, B.G., and Trofimov, B.A., Izv. Ros. Akad. Nauk Ser. Khim., 2017, no. 1, pp. 143–149.Google Scholar