Dynamics of Estradiol Level during Metamorphosis in the Daubed Shanny (Leptoclinus maculatus, Fries, 1838) from Spitsbergen Island
- 8 Downloads
The estradiol content of muscles during metamorphosis in the daubed shanny (Leptoclinus maculatus) from different fjords of Spitsbergen Island, Svalbard, have been studied using mass spectrometry. The level of estradiol at the L4 larval stage of development is significantly lower than at the L2 stage. Values of this parameter in adults are significantly higher than in post-larvae (stage L5). Variations in the estradiol level during metamorphosis can be associated with the growth stimulation and regulation of the process.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dufour, S. and Rousseau, K., J. Mar. Sci. Technol., 2007, no. 15.Google Scholar
- 5.de Jesus, E.G., Hirano, T., and Inui, Y., Zool. Sci., 1992, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 633–638.Google Scholar
- 6.Inui, Y. and Miwa, S., in Metamorphosis in Fish, Jersey: Taylor and Francis, 2012, pp. 107–153.Google Scholar
- 8.Dufour, S., Rousseau, K., and Kapoor, B.G., in Metamorphosis in Fish, Jersey: Taylor and Francis, 2012.Google Scholar
- 9.Pekkoeva, S.N., Murzina, S.A., Nefedova, Z.A., Ripatti, P.O., Falk-Petersen, S., Berge, J., Lonne, O., and Nemova, N.N., Ekologiya, 2017, no. 3, pp. 186–191.Google Scholar
- 10.Pekkoeva, S.N., Murzina, S.A., Ieshko, E.P., Nefedova, Z.A., Falk-Petersen, S., Berge, J., Lonne, O., and Nemova, N.N., Ekologiya, 2018, no. 3, pp. 225–233.Google Scholar
- 14.Murzina, S.A., The role of lipids and their fatty acid components in the biochemical adaptations of the Leptoclinus maculatus F. of the northwestern coast of Svalbard, Extended Abstract of Cand Sci. (Biol.) Dissertation, Petrozavodsk, 2010.Google Scholar