Activity of the Enzymes of the Energy and Carbohydrate Metabolism in the Organs of the Three-Spined Stickleback Gasterosteus aculeatus from Different Biotopes of the White Sea
- 15 Downloads
The activity of the key enzymes of the energy and carbohydrate metabolism (cytochrome c oxidase, lactate dehydrogenase, aldolase, and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase) have been studied in the three-spined stickleback Gasterosteus aculeatus spawning in different biotopes of the White Sea (Sel’dyanaya Bay, Sukhaya Salma Strait, and Kolyushkovaya Lagoon). It was found that individuals of stickleback from different spawning grounds differed mainly in the level of anaerobic metabolism and in the degree of utilization of carbohydrates during glycolysis. The results testify to the existence of adaptive mechanisms for the restructuring of the metabolic pathways of the energy metabolism depending on habitat conditions in different biotopes during the spawning period.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ozernyuk, N.D., Energeticheskii obmen v rannem ontogeneze ryb (Energy Metabolism in Early Ontogeny of Fishes), Moscow: Nauka, 1985.Google Scholar
- 2.Meshcheryakova, O.V., Churova, M.V., and Nemova, N.N., Tr. Karel. Nauch. Tsentra RAN, 2013, no. 3, pp. 136–143.Google Scholar
- 3.Churova, M.V., Meshcheryakova, O.V., and Nemova, N.N., Uch. Zap. Petr. Gos. Univ., 2011, no. 4, pp. 31–37.Google Scholar
- 5.Churova, M.V., Meshcheryakova, O.V., Murzina, S.A., and Nemova, N.N., Uch. Zap. Petr. Gos. Univ., 2017, no. 8 (169), pp. 28–34.Google Scholar
- 6.Hendry, A.P., Peichel, C.L., Matthews, B., Boughman, J.W., and Nosil, P., Evol. Ecol. Res., 2013, vol. 15, pp. 111–141.Google Scholar
- 7.Dorgam, A.S., Golovin, P.V., Ivanova, T.S., Ivanov, M.V., and Laius, D.L., Tr. Karel. Nauch. Tsentra Ros. Akad. Nauk, 2018, no. 4, pp. 59–73.Google Scholar
- 8.Kolb, V.G. and Kamyshnikov, V.S., Klinicheskaya biokhimiya (Clinical Biochemistry), Minsk: Belarus’, 1976.Google Scholar
- 9.Kochetov, G.A., Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo po enzimologii (A Practical Guide in Enzymology), Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 1980.Google Scholar
- 10.Smith, L., Meth. Biochem. Anal., 1995, vol. 2, pp. 427–434.Google Scholar
- 14.Demchuk, A.S., Ivanov, M.V., Ivanova, T.S., Polyakova, N.V., Golovin, P.V., and Laius, D.L., Tr. Karel. Nauch. Tsentra Ros. Akad. Nauk Issled. Obl. Biol. Nauk, 2018, no 4, pp. 42–58.Google Scholar
- 15.Lysenko, L.A., Kantserova, N.P., Tushina, E.D., Polyakova, N.V., Laius, D.L., and Nemova, N.N., Tr. Karel. Nauch. Tsentra Ros. Akad. Nauk Ser. Ekol. Issled., 2018, no. 5, pp. 79–88.Google Scholar