Initial-Boundary Value Problem for the Beam Vibration Equation in the Multidimensional Case
- 7 Downloads
In the multidimensional case, we study the problem with initial and boundary conditions for the equation of vibrations of a beam with one end clamped and the other hinged. An existence and uniqueness theorem is proved for the posed problem in Sobolev classes. A solution of the problem under consideration is constructed as the sum of a series in the system of eigenfunctions of a multidimensional spectral problem for which the eigenvalues are determined as the roots of a transcendental equation and the system of eigenfunctions is constructed. It is shown that this system of eigenfunctions is complete and forms a Riesz basis in Sobolev spaces. Based on the completeness of the system of eigenfunctions, a theorem about the uniqueness of a solution to the posed initial-boundary value problem is stated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tikhonov, A.N. and Samarskii, A.A., Uravneniya matematicheskoi fiziki (Equations of Mathematical Physics), Moscow: Nauka, 1977, 4th ed.Google Scholar
- 3.Weaver, W., Jr., Timoshenko, S.P., and Young, D.H., Vibration Problems in Engineering, Chichester: Wiley-Interscience, 1990, 5th ed. Translated under the title Kolebaniya v inzhenernom dele, Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1985.Google Scholar
- 4.Korenev, B.G., Voprosy rascheta balok i plit na uprugom osnovanii (Design and Analysis of Beams and Plates on an Elastic Base), Moscow: Gos. Izd. Stroit. Arkhit., 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.Collatz, L., Eigenvalue Problems with Technical Applications, New York: Chelsea, 1948. Translated under the title Zadachi na sobstvennye znacheniya s tekhnicheskimi prilozheniyami, Moscow: Fizmatgiz, 1968.Google Scholar
- 6.Gould, S., Variational Methods for Eigenvalue Problems: An Introduction to the Weinstein Method of Intermediate Problems, London: Oxford Univ., 1966. Translated under the title Variatsionnye metody v zadachakh o sobstvennykh znacheniyakh: Vvedenie v metod promezhutochnykh zadach Vainshteina, Moscow: Mir, 1970.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Krylov, A.N., Vibratsiya sudov (Vibration of Ships), Moscow, 2012.Google Scholar
- 11.Kasimov, Sh.G., Ataev, Sh.K., and Madrakhimov, U.S., On the solvability of a mixed problem for a fractional-order partial differential equation with Sturm-Liouville operators with nonlocal boundary conditions, Uzb. Mat. Zh., 2016, no. 2, pp. 158–169.Google Scholar
- 12.Kasimov, Sh.G. and Ataev, Sh.K., On the solvability of a mixed problem for a fractional-order partial differential equation with Laplace operators with nonlocal boundary conditions in Sobolev classes, Uzb. Mat. Zh., 2018, no. 1, pp. 1–16.Google Scholar
- 13.Naimark, M.A., Lineinye differentsial’nye operatory (Linear Differential Operators), Moscow: Nauka, 1969.Google Scholar
- 14.Samko, S.G., Kilbas, A.A., and Marichev, O.I., Integraly i proizvodnye drobnogo poryadka i nekotorye ikh prilozheniya (Fractional Integrals and Derivatives and Some of Their Applications), Minsk: Nauka i Tekhnika, 1987.Google Scholar
- 16.Pskhu, A.V., Uravneniya v chastnykh proizvodnykh drobnogo poryadka (Fractional Partial Differential Equations), Moscow: Nauka, 2005.Google Scholar