Inverse Sturm-Liouville Problem with Nonseparated Boundary Conditions on a Geometric Graph
- 9 Downloads
The inverse Sturm-Liouville problem with nonseparated boundary conditions on a star-shaped geometric graph consisting of three edges with a common vertex is studied. It is shown that the Sturm-Liouville problem with general boundary conditions cannot be reconstructed uniquely from four spectra. A class of nonseparated boundary conditions is obtained for which two uniqueness theorems for the solution of the inverse Sturm-Liouville problem are proved. In the first theorem, the data used to reconstruct the Sturm-Liouville problem are the spectrum of the boundary value problem itself and the spectra of three auxiliary problems with separated boundary conditions. In the second theorem, instead of the spectrum of the problem itself, one only deals with five of its eigenvalues. It is shown that the Sturm-Liouville problem with these nonseparated boundary conditions can be reconstructed uniquely if three spectra of auxiliary problems and five eigenvalues of the problem itself are used as the reconstruction data. Examples of unique reconstruction of potentials and boundary conditions of the Sturm-Liouville problem posed on the graph under study are given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Marchenko, V.A., Operatory Shturma–Liuvillya i ikh prilozheniya (Sturm–Liouville operators and Their Applications), Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1977.Google Scholar
- 4.Levitan, B.M. and Gasymov, M.G., On determining the differential equation from two spectra, Uspekhi Mat. Nauk, 1964, vol. 19, no. 2 (116), pp. 3–63.Google Scholar
- 6.Mamedov, Kh.R. and Cetinkaya, F., Inverse problem for a class of Sturm–Liouville operators with spectral parameter in boundary condition, Bound. Value Probl., 2013, Article ID 183, 16 p.Google Scholar
- 9.Sadovnichii, V.A., Uniqueness of the solution to the inverse problem in the case of a second-order equation with indecomposable boundary conditions. Regularized sums of some of the eigenvalues. Factorization of the characteristic determinant, Sov. Math. Dokl., 1972, vol. 13, pp. 1220–1223.zbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 11.Plaksina, O.A., Inverse problems of the spectral analysis for Sturm–Liouville operators with nonseparated boundary conditions, Math. USSR Sb., 1986, vol. 59, no 1, pp. 1–23.Google Scholar
- 15.Sadovnichii, V.A., Sultanaev, Ya.T., and Akhtyamov, A.M., Analogues of Borg’s uniqueness theorem in the case of nonseparated boundary conditions, Dokl. Math., 1999, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 115–117.Google Scholar
- 24.Naimark, M.A., Lineinye differentsial’nye operatory (Linear Differential Operators), Moscow: Nauka, 1969.Google Scholar
- 26.Liouville, J., Note sur la théorie de la variation des constantes arbitraires, J. Math. Pures Appl., 1838, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 342–349.Google Scholar
- 28.Akhtyamov, A., Amram, M., and Mouftakhov, A., Cramer’s rule for nonsingular m × n matrices, The Teach. Math., 2017, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 13–19.Google Scholar
- 29.Smirnov, V.I., Kurs vysshei matematiki (A Course of Higher Mathematics), Moscow: Nauka, 1974, Vol. 3, Pt. 2.Google Scholar