New approach to the solution of the classical sine-Gordon equation and its generalizations
- 78 Downloads
We obtain new exact solutions U(x, y, z, t) of the three-dimensional sine-Gordon equation. The three-dimensional solutions depend on an arbitrary function F(α) whose argument is a function α(x, y, z, t). The ansatz α is found from an equation linear in (x, y, z, t) whose coefficients are arbitrary functions of α that should satisfy a system of algebraic equations. By this method, we solve the classical and a generalized sine-Gordon equation; the latter additionally contains first derivatives with respect to (x, y, z, t). We separately consider an equation that contains only the first derivative with respect to time. We present approaches to the solution of the sine-Gordon equation with variable amplitude. The considered methods for solving the sine-Gordon equation admit a natural generalization to the case of integration of the same types of equations in a space of arbitrarily many dimensions.
KeywordsArbitrary Function Jacobi Equation Inverse Scattering Gordon Equation Ultrashort Optical Pulse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bäcklund Transformations, the Inverse Scattering Method, Solitons, and Their Applications, Miura, R.M., Ed., Lecture Notes in Math, vol. 515, Berlin, 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.Zakharov, V.E., Manakov, S.V., Novikov, S.P., and Pitaevskii, L.P., Teoriya solitonov. Metod obratnoi zadachi (Theory of Solitons. Method of Inverse Problem), Moscow, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Steuerwald, R., Über Ennepersche Flächen und Bäcklundsche Transformation, Munchen, 1936.Google Scholar
- 8.Sobolev, S.L., Functional-Invariant Solutions of the Wave Equation, Tr. Mat. Inst. Steklova, 1934, vol. 5, pp. 259–264.Google Scholar
- 9.Bateman, H., Matematicheskaya teoriya rasprostraneniya elektromagnitnykh voln (Mathematical Theory of Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves), Moscow, 1958.Google Scholar
- 12.Aero, E.L., Theory of Friedrichs Transitions in Nematic Fluid Crystals in Curvilinear Closed Domains Placed in an Inhomogeneous Magnetic Field, Vysokomolek. Soed. Ser. A, 1995, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 1286–1299.Google Scholar
- 13.Aero, E.L., Essentially Nonlinear Micromechanics of Medium with Variable Periodic Structure, Uspekhi Mekh., 2002, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 130–176.Google Scholar
- 14.Aero, E.L. and Bulygin, A.N., Strongly Nonlinear Theory of Generation of Nanostructure by Means of Elastic and Nonelastic Deformations of Crystallic Bodies, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk Mekh. Tverd. Tela, 2007, no. 5, pp. 170–187.Google Scholar
- 15.Born, M. and Wolf, E., Osnovy optiki (Foundations of Optics), Moscow, 1973.Google Scholar