Index formulas for stratified manifolds
- 45 Downloads
We consider elliptic operators on stratified manifolds with stratification of arbitrary length. Under some (symmetry-like) conditions imposed on the symbols of these operators, we obtain index formulas in which the index of an operator is expressed as the sum of indices of some (explicitly written out) elliptic operators on the strata.
KeywordsElliptic Operator Cotangent Bundle Topological Index Principal Symbol Chern Character
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Schulze, B.-W., Pseudo-Differential Calculus on Manifolds with Geometric Singularities, Pseudo-Differential Operators. Partial Differential Equations and Time-Frequency Analysis: Selected Papers of the ISAAC Workshop, Toronto, Canada, December 11–15, 2006, vol. 52 of The Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences, Fields Institute Communications, 2007, pp. 37–83.Google Scholar
- 5.Nistor, V., Pseudodifferential Operators on Non-Compact Manifolds and Analysis on Polyhedral Domains, in Spectral Geometry of Manifolds with Boundary and Decomposition of Manifolds, vol. 366 of Contemp. Math.: Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2005, pp. 307–328.Google Scholar
- 8.Nazaikinskii, V., Savin, A., Schulze, B.-W., and Sternin, B., Elliptic Theory on Singular Manifolds, Boca Raton, 2005.Google Scholar
- 10.Atiyah, M.F. and Bott, R., The Index Problem for Manifolds with Boundary, in Bombay Colloquium on Differential Analysis, Oxford, 1964, pp. 175–186.Google Scholar
- 11.Savin, A.Yu. and Sternin, B.Yu., Index for a Class of Nonlocal Elliptic Operators, in Spectral and Evolution Problems: Proceedings of the Fourteenth Crimean Autumn Mathematical School-Symposium, 2004, vol. 14, pp. 35–41.Google Scholar
- 14.Rozenblum, G., Regularization of Secondary Characteristic Classes and Unusual Index Formulas for Operator-Valued Symbols, in Nonlinear Hyperbolic Equations, Spectral Theory, and Wavelet Transformations, vol. 145 of Oper. Theory Adv. Appl., Basel, 2003, pp. 419–437.Google Scholar