Cosmic Rays During the Geomagnetic Disturbance in January 2015
- 1 Downloads
According to the data of ground-based measurements of cosmic rays (CRs) from the world network of stations, the behavior of CR intensity during the geomagnetic disturbance in January 2015 has been studied using the spectrographic global survey method. The spectra of CR variations and spectrum indexes of these variations are presented, when approximating the spectrum by the power function of the particle rigidity in the rigidity range from 10 to 50 GV, as well as pitch-angular anisotropy of CRs. It is shown that the spectrum indexes of CR variations at its approximation by the power function of the particle rigidity in the phase of maximum modulation are greater than in the phases of decay and recovery of CR intensity.
The study was conducted as part of a state assignment for 2018, no. 007-00163-18-00 of January 12, 2018 using scientific equipment of the Angara Center for Collective Use and the Unique Scientific Facility, Russian National Ground Network of Cosmic-Ray Stations.
- 3.Dvornikov, V.M. and Sdobnov, V.E., Analyzing the solar proton event of October 22, 1989 using the method of spectrographic global survey, Solar Phys., 1998, vol. 178, no. 2, pp. 405–422.Google Scholar
- 4.Tyasto, M.I., Danilova, O.A., Ptitsyna, N.G, and Sdobnov, V.E., Variations in cosmic ray cutoff rigidities during the great geomagnetic storm of November 2004, Adv. Space Res., 2013, vol. 51, pp. 1230–1237. https:// doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2012.10.025.Google Scholar
- 6.Kravtsova, M.V. and Sdobnov, V.E., Cosmic rays during great geomagnetic storms in cycle 23 of solar activity, Geomagn. Aeron. (Engl. Transl.), 2016, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 143–150.Google Scholar
- 7.Klyueva, A.I., Belov, A.V., and Eroshenko, E.A., Specific features of the rigidity spectrum of Forbush effects, Geomagn. Aeron. (Engl. Transl.), 2017, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 177–189.Google Scholar
- 8.Kravtsova, M.V. and Sdobnov, V.E., Effects in cosmic rays in March 1991, Geomagn. Aeron. (Engl. Transl.), 2011, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 958–962.Google Scholar
- 10.Dvornikov, V.M., Kravtsova, M.V., and Sdobnov, V.E., Diagnostics of the electromagnetic characteristics of the interplanetary medium based on cosmic ray effects, Geomagn. Aeron. (Engl. Transl.), 2013, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 430–440.Google Scholar
- 11.Dorman, L.I., Smirnov, V.S., and Tyasto, M.I., Kosmicheskie luchi v magnitnom pole Zemli (Cosmic Rays in the Earth’s Magnetic Field), Moscow: Nauka, 1971.Google Scholar