Controlling the motion of a spacecraft when approaching a large object of space debris
- 30 Downloads
The problem of calculating the parameters of maneuvering a spacecraft as it approaches a large object of space debris (LOSD) in close near-circular noncoplanar orbits has been considered. In [1–4], the results of analyzing the problem of the flyby of the separated LOSD groups have been presented. It has been assumed that a collector spacecraft approaches the LOSD and captures it or it is inserted into the nozzle of a small spacecraft that has a proper propulsion system (PS). However, in these papers, the flight from one object to another was only analyzed and the problem of approaching to LOSD with a given accuracy was not considered. This paper is a supplement to the cycle of papers [1–4]. It is assumed that, the final stage of approaching the LOSD is implemented by maneuvering in many orbits (up to several dozens) with low-thrust engines, but the PS operating time is fairly small compared with the orbit period in order to make it possible to use impulse approximation in the calculations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baranov, A.A. and Grishko, D.A., A way to reduce the energy costs in the flyby of elements a satellite group, Polet, 2014, no. 8, pp. 39–48.Google Scholar
- 4.Baranov, A.A., Grishko, D.A., and Chernov, N.V, Flyby of low-orbit objects of large-size space debris with their gradual withdrawal to the orbit for a reduced time of ballistic existence, Nauka Obraz., MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, 2016, no. 4, pp. 48–64.Google Scholar
- 5.Navigatsionnoe obespechenie poleta orbital’nogo kompleksa “Salyut-6”–“Soyuz”–“Progress” (Navigation Support of the Flight of the “Salyut-6”–“Soyuz”–“Progress” Orbital System), Petrov, B.N. and Bazhinov, I.K., Eds., Moscow: Nauka, 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.Shuttle Press Kit: STS-92. http://www.shuttle presskit.com/STS-92/. Accessed March 25, 2007.Google Scholar
- 10.Baranov, A.A. and Terekhova, E.O, Optimal fourimpulse rendezvous in coplanar near-circular orbits, Kosm. Issled., 1995, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 420–425.Google Scholar
- 11.Baranov, A.A, Numerical and analytical determination of the parameters of maneuvers of a multi-orbit rendezvous of two spacecraft in close near-circular noncoplanar orbits, Kosm. Issled, 2008, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 430–439.Google Scholar
- 13.Baranov, A.A., Manevrirovanie kosmicheskikh apparatov v okrestnosti krugovoi orbity (Spacecraft Maneuvering in the Neighborhood of a Circular Orbit), Moscow: Sputnik+, 2016.Google Scholar