The influence of effects of the heliospheric interface on parameters of backscattered solar Lα radiation measured at the Earth’s orbit
- 31 Downloads
A new kinetic model of distribution of interstellar hydrogen atoms in the heliosphere is suggested in this paper. It takes into account global effects associated with charge exchange of interstellar atoms near the heliospheric boundary. The constructed model allows one to find efficiently the detailed distribution of hydrogen atoms over space and velocities. For the axisymmetric steady-state case a comparison is made of the parameters of interstellar hydrogen atoms that were obtained using the classical hot model, two modifications of the improved hot model, and a global self-consistent kinetic gas-dynamic model of the heliospheric interface. The results of calculations of the spectral moments of scattered solar Lα radiation are presented. They were derived on the basis of different models of distribution of hydrogen atoms in the heliosphere.
KeywordsSolar Wind Charge Exchange Cosmic Research Incoming Flow Apparent Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Quemerais, E., The Interplanetary Lyman-α Background, in The Physics of the Heliospheric Boundaries, Izmodenov, Vladislav V. and Kallenbach, Reinald, Eds., Published by ESA Publications Division, EXTEC. The Netherlands, for the International Space Science Institute, Bern, Switzerland, 2006, p. 283.Google Scholar
- 7.Kurt, V.G., Mironova, E.N., and Fadeev, E.N., Ultraviolet Studies of the Interplanetary and Local Interstellar Medium, Kosm. Issled., 2009, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 3–16. [Cosmic Research, pp. 1–13.].Google Scholar
- 12.Moebius, E., Bzowski, M., Chalov, S., et al., Coordinated Observation of Local Interstellar Helium in the Heliosphere. Synopsis of the Interstellar He Parameters from Combined Neutral Gas, Pickup Ion and UV Scattering Observations and Related Consequences, Astronomy & Astrophysics, 2004, vol. 426, pp. 897–907.ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Katushkina, O.A. and Izmodenov, V.V., Influence of Heliospheric Interface Effects on Distribution of Parameters of Interstellar Hydrogen inside the Heliosphere, Pis’ma Astron. Zh., 2010, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 310–319.Google Scholar
- 28.Izmodenov, V.V., Early Concepts of the Heliospheric Interface: H Atoms, in The Physics of the Heliospheric Boundaries, Izmodenov, Vladislav V. and Kallenbach, Reinald, Eds., Published by ESA Publications Division, EXTEC, The Netherlands: for the International Space Science Institute, Bern, Switzerland, 2006.Google Scholar