The interaction between nerve cells and carbon nanotube networks made by CVD process investigation
In this research we investigate neuroblastoma cells cultivated on single-walled carbon nanotubes networks made by CVD method on silicon substrates. The complex analysis of grown cells made by atomic force, electron microscopy and Raman spectroscopy was carried out and the effect of nanotube growth process on proliferation factor was investigated. It is shown that despite of a weak decrease in proliferation, cell morphology remains unchanged and no physical or chemical interaction between carbon nanotubes and cells is observed. The results of the research can be used to investigate the interaction between conductive nano- materials and cells for the development of neural replacement implants. Also they can be useful in bio-electronic interface investigation of signal propagation in neurons.
Keywordssingle-walled carbon nanotubes neuroblastoma Neuro-2a atomic-force microscopy electronic microscopy Raman spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Olakowska, I. Woszczycka-Korczyn-ska, H. Jędrzejowska-Szypulka, and J. Lewin-Kowalik, Folia Neuropathol. 48(4), 231 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Ageeva, I. I. Bobrinetskiy, V. K. Nevolin, et al., Izv. VUZov. Elektronika, No. 5, 33 (2008).Google Scholar
- 9.I. I. Bobrinetskiy, R. A. Morozov, A. S. Seleznev, et al., Biomed. Tekhol. Radioelektron., No.3, 41 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.I. I. Bobrinetskiy, R. A. Morozov, A. S. Seleznev, et al., Byul. Eksperim. Biol. Med. 153(2), 227 (2012).Google Scholar
- 12.I. I. Bobrinetskiy, R. A. Morozov, A. S. Seleznev, et al., Klet. Transplant. Tkan. Inzhener. 6(1), 85 (2011).Google Scholar
- 16.Engineering the Bioelectronic Interface Applications to Analyte Biosensing and Protein Detection, Ed. By J. J. Davis (Royal Society of Chemistry, 2009).Google Scholar
- 19.R. U. Kharbiev, Manual on Experimental (preclinical) Study of New Pharmacological Substances (Meditsina, Moscow, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 20.A. Sucapane, G. Cellot, M. Prato, et al., J. Nanoneurosci. 1, 1 (2008).Google Scholar
- 22.M. A. Hussain, M. A. Kabir, and A. K. Sood, Current Sci. 96(5), 664 (2009).Google Scholar
- 23.I. I. Bobrinetskiy and V. K. Nevolin, Mikrosistem. Tekhnika 4, 20 (2002).Google Scholar