Properties of enzyme preparations and homogeneous enzymes — Endoglucanases EG2 Penicillium verruculosum and LAM Myceliophthora thermophila
- 85 Downloads
The genes of endoglucanases EG2 (36.2 kDa) Penicillium verruculosum and LAM (30.8 kDa) Myceliophthora thermophila were cloned in P. verruculosum recombinant strain. New enzyme preparations with highly stable activity against β-glucan and laminarin were obtained and investigated, homogeneous enzymes EG2 (EC 18.104.22.168) and LAM (EC 22.214.171.124) being purified and characterized. For β-glucan, the EG2 K m value was found to be 10 times higher than that for LAM; however, EG2 demonstrated greater processivity due to its higher k cat. The pH and temperature optima of EG2 and LAM activity against barley β-glucan overlapped and were 4.3–4.9 and 61–67°C, respectively, and EG2 appeared to be more stable than LAM. Oligosaccharides with degree of polymerization 2–10 were formed by hydrolysis of β-glucan and laminarin by the studied enzymes. The recombinant enzyme preparations were faster and more effective in decreasing the reduced viscosity of wholegrain barley extract than some commercial enzyme preparations. Thus, the new enzyme preparations seem to be rather perspective as feed additives for degradation of non-starch polysaccharides in grain animal feed.
Key wordsendoglucanase β-glucan β-glucan endodepolymerases enzyme preparations Penicillium verruculosum Myceliophthora thermophila
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bacic, A., Fincher, G., and Stone, B. (2009) Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biology of (1–3)-β-Glucans and Related Polysaccharides, Academic Press, NY.Google Scholar
- 5.Sinitsyn, A. P., Rozhkova, A. M., Sinitsyna, O. A., Fedorova, E. A., Okunev, O. N., Bekkarevich, A. O., Sokolova, L. M., Mastys, V. Yu., Koshelev, A. V., Vinetskiy, Yu. P., Chernoglazov, V. M., and Zorov, I. N. (2010) Genetic construct providing expression of the target homologous and heterologous genes in cells of mycelial fungus Penicillium verruculosum used as a host, method for production of fungus Penicillium verruculosum strain and method for production of enzyme preparation, State Register of Inventions of the Russian Federation, RU2378372 (C2).Google Scholar
- 6.Sambrook, J., and Russell, D. W. (2001) Molecular Cloning: a Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, NY.Google Scholar
- 8.Dauson, R., Elliot, D., Elliot, U., and Johnes, K. (1991) Biochemist’s Handbook [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 9.Sinitsyn, A. P., Chernoglazov, V. M., and Gusakov, A. V. (1990) Methods for Study and Properties of Cellulolytic Enzymes [in Russian], VINITI, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 10.Sinitsyn, A. P., Gusakov, A. V., and Chernoglazov, V. M. (1995) Bioconversion of Lignocellulose Materials [in Russian], MSU Publishers, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 16.Tymczyszyn, E. E., Santos, M. I., Costa, M. C., Illanes, A., and Gomez-Zavaglia, A. (2014) in Carbohydrates Applications in Medicine (Gil, M. H., ed.) Research Signpost, Kerala, pp. 127–154.Google Scholar