Study of effect of molecular mobility in chromatophore membranes of the bacterium E. shaposhnikovii on processes of photoinduced electron transport using the NMR-Spin-Echo method with isotope substitution and dehydration
- 40 Downloads
The effect of dehydration and 2H2O/H2O isotope substitution on electron transport reactions and relaxation of proton-containing groups was studied in chromatophore membranes of Ectothiorhodospira shaposhnikovii. During dehydration (including isotope substitution of hydrate water) of preliminarily dehydrated isolated photosynthetic membranes there was a partial correlation between hydration intervals within which activation of electron transport from high-potential cytochrome c to photoactive bacteriochlorophyll dimer P890 of photosynthetic reaction center and variation of spin-lattice and spin-spin proton relaxation time was observed. Partial correlation between hydration intervals can be considered as evidence of correlation between mobility of non-water proton-containing groups with proton relaxation frequency ∼108 sec−1 with efficiency of electron transfer at the donor side of the chain.
Key wordselectron transport molecular mobility NMR photosynthetic bacteria Ectothiorhodospira shaposhnikovii
nuclear magnetic resonance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Benning, C. (1998) in Lipids in Photosynthesis: Structure, Function and Genetics (Siegenhaler, P. A., and Murata, N., eds.) Kluwer, Dordrecht, pp. 83–101.Google Scholar
- 11.Kononenko, A. A., Knox, P. P., Chamorovsky, S. K., Rubin, A. B., Likhtenshtein, G. I., Krupyansky, Yu. F., Suzdalev, I. P., and Goldansky, V. I. (1986) Chem. Phys. (Moscow), 5, 795–804.Google Scholar
- 12.Rubin, A. B., Kononenko, A. A., Pachshenko, V. Z., Gulyaev, B. A., and Chamorovsky, S. K. (1987) Advances in Science and Technology. Biophysics [in Russian], Vol. 20, VINITI Press, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 15.Samuilov, V. D., and Kondrat’eva, E. N. (1969) Nauch. Dokl. Vyssh. Shkoly. Biol. Nauki, 5, 97–100.Google Scholar
- 16.Chamorovsky, S. K., Pyt’eva, N. F., and Rubin, A. B. (1977) Stud. Biophys., 66, 129–136.Google Scholar
- 17.Pottosin, I. I., Chamorovsky, S. K., Kononenko, A. A., and Uspenskaya, N. Ya. (1984) Mol. Biol. (Moscow), 18, 821–826.Google Scholar
- 18.Rubin, A. B. (ed.) (1974) Modern Methods in Studies of Photobiological Processes [in Russian], MGU Publishers, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 21.Aksyonov, S. I., Voronkov, A. E., Nikolaev, G. M., and Gelfand, V. E. (1971) Nauch. Dokl. Vyssh. Shkoly. Biol. Nauki, 12, 109–113.Google Scholar