Queueing System M/M/1/∞ with Perishable Inventory and Repeated Customers
- 5 Downloads
We propose a model of a queueing system with a single server, perishable inventory and repeated customers that can form an orbit of infinite size. In the absence of inventory in the system, primary customers according to the Bernoulli scheme either enter the queue or go into the orbit. The system uses the (s, S)-policy of replenishing the inventory. We develop a method for calculating system characteristics and solve the problem of minimizing total costs by choosing the critical level of inventory.
Keywordsqueueing-inventory systems perishable inventory repeated customers computation algorithm optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Krishnamoorthy, A. and Jose, K.P., Comparision of Inventory Systems with Service, Positive Lead-Time, Loss, and Retrial of Customers, J. Appl. Math. Stoch. Anal. (Hindawi Publishing Corparation), vol. 2007, Article ID 37848.Google Scholar
- 6.Nair, A.N. and Jacob, M.J., (s, S) Inventory System with Positive Service Time and Retrial of Demands: An Approach Through Multi-Server Queues, ISRN Oper. Res. (Hindawi Publishing Corparation), vol. 2014, Article ID 596031.Google Scholar
- 7.Yadavalli, V.S.S., Anbazhagan, N., and Jeganathan, K., A Retrial Inventory System with Impatient Customers, Appl. Math. Inform. Sci., 2015, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 637–650.Google Scholar
- 9.Manikandan, R. and Nair, S.S., M/M/1/1Queuing-Inventory System with Retrial of Unsatisfied Customers, Comm. Appl. Anal., 2017, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 217–236.Google Scholar
- 14.Novitskaya, E.V. and Terpugov, A.F., Optimizatsiya roznichnoi prodazhy skoroportyashcheisya produktsii (Optimizing Retail Sales of Perishable Products), Tomsk: Tomsk Univ., 2004.Google Scholar
- 15.Livshits, K.I. and Ul’yanova, E.S., Diffusion Approximation for the Process of Production and Sales of Perishable Products, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., 2015, vol. 58, no. 11/2, pp. 281–285.Google Scholar