Data Modeling for the Analysis of Health Risks and Human Longevity
We study the factors that influence the health of a person and human longevity with methods of mathematical modeling. We pay special attention to the use of modern data analysis methods that take into account the effects of heterogeneity in the considered groups of people due to genetic, behavioral differences, and presence of concomitant diseases that affect the condition of a person differently. We study the relationship between cause-specific mortality and diseases that the person had at the end of his or her life.
Keywordsrisk factors life expectancy heterogeneity methods of data analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cox, D.R. and Oakes, D., Analysis of Survival Data, London: Chapman and Hall, 1984. Translated under the title Analiz dannykh tipa vremeni zhizni, Moscow: Finansy i Statistika, 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.Mikhal’skii, A.I., Petrovskii, A.M., and Yashin, A.I., Teoriya otsenivaniya neodnorodnykh populyatsii (Estimation Theory for Heterogeneous Populations), Moscow: Nauka, 1989.Google Scholar
- 5.Yashin, A.I., Cypser, J.R., Johnson, T.E., Michalski, A.I., Boyko, S.I., and Novoseltsev, V.N., Ageing and Survival after Different Doses of Heat Shock: The Results of Analysis of Data from Stress Experiments with the Nematode Worm Caenorhabditis Elegans, Mech. Ageing Dev., 2001, vol. 122, pp. 1477–1495.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Mortality Data, Multiple Cause-of-Death Public-Use Data Files, available at: http://www.cdc.govGoogle Scholar
- 10.Mikhal’skii, A.I. and Tsurko, V.V., Age Features of Causes of Death and Concommitant Diseases, Klinicheskaya Gerontologiya, 2014, no. 1–2, pp. 35–40.Google Scholar
- 11.Tsurko, V.V. and Mikhal’skii, A.I., Statistical Analysis of the Connection between Cancer and Concommitant Diseases, Uspekhi Gerontologii, 2013, vol. 26(4), pp. 766–774.Google Scholar
- 12.Vapnik, V.N., Vosstanovlenie zavisimostei po empiricheskim dannym (Reconstructing Dependencies by Empirical Data), Moscow: Nauka, 1978.Google Scholar