Method of dummy measurements for multiple model estimation of processes in a linear stochastic system
- 32 Downloads
We consider the estimation problem for the state vector of a linear stochastic discrete system some of whose components are constant parameters with Gaussian distribution and uncertain moments. Hypotheses regarding possible values of these moments are provided together with their prior probabilities. Instead of a classical multiple model solution that constructs Kalman filters for every hypothesis, we propose a less computationally intensive method that lets us compute posterior probabilities and estimate the state vector for individual hypotheses by the results of a single filter augmented with dummy measurements. The value and model of these measurements are defined by the possible values of the constant parameters’ moments. We give examples of rational definition of the dummy measurement model. We compare the computational costs of the proposed approach and the classical one.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bar-Shalom, Y., Li, X.R., and Kirubarajan, T., Estimation with Applications to Tracking and Navigation, New York: Wiley, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.Teunissen, P.J.G., A New Method for Fast Carrier Phase Ambiguity Estimation, in Proc. Position Location and Navigation Sympos., Las Vegas, Nevada, April 11–15, 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.Stepanov, O.A., Primenenie teorii nelineinoi fil’tratsii v zadachakh obrabotki navigatsionnoi informatsii (Applications of the Nonlinear Filtering Theory to Problems of Processing Navigational Information), St. Petersburg: SRC RF CSRT Electropribor, 2003, 3rd ed.Google Scholar
- 7.Dmitriev, S.P. and Stepanov, O.A., Multialternative Filtration in Processing of Navigational Information, Radiotekhnika, 2004, No. 7, pp. 11–17Google Scholar
- 9.Dmitriev, S.P., Kolesov, N.V., and Osipov, A.V., Informatsionnaya nadezhnost’, kontrol’ i diagnostika informatsionnykh sistem (Informational Reliability, Control, and Diagnostics of Informational Systems), St. Petersburg: SRC RF CSRT Electropribor, 2003.Google Scholar
- 12.Sysoev, L.P., Estimation of the Matrices of Parameters and Covariations of the Perturbation Vectors in Multidimensional Discrete-time Dynamic Systems under Special Structure of the Unknown Covariance Matrices, Autom. Remote Control, 2010, Vol. 71, No. 2, pp. 352–366MathSciNetCrossRefMATHGoogle Scholar
- 15.Klimov, A.P., Remizova, O.A., Rudakova, I.V., et al., Sensitivity Reduction to the Effect of Object Model Uncertainty for an H2-optimal System, J. Comput. Syst. Sci. Int., Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 366–371Google Scholar
- 17.Bellman, R.E., Introduction to Matrix Analysis, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1960. Translated under the title Vvedenie v teoriyu matrits, Moscow: Nauka, 1969.Google Scholar