Quadratic stabilization of bilinear control systems
- 69 Downloads
In this paper, a stabilization problem of bilinear control systems is considered. Using the linear matrix inequality technique and quadratic Lyapunov functions, an approach is proposed to the construction of the so-called stabilizability ellipsoid such that the trajectories of the closed-loop system emanating from any point inside this ellipsoid asymptotically tend to the origin. The approach allows for an efficient construction of nonconvex approximations to stabilizability domains of bilinear systems.
The results are extended to robust formulations of the problem, where the system matrix is subjected to structured uncertainty.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mohler, R.R., Bilinear Control Processes, New York: Academic, 1973.Google Scholar
- 6.Tibken, B., Hofer, E.P., and Sigmund, A., The Ellipsoid Method for Systematic Bilinear Observer Design, Proc. 13th World Congress of IFAC, San Francisco, USA, June 30–July 5, 1996, pp. 377–382Google Scholar
- 7.Korovin, S.K. and Fomichev, V.V., Asymptotic Observers for Some Classes of Bilinear Systems with Linear Output, Dokl. Math., 2004, Vol. 70, No. 2, pp. 830–834Google Scholar
- 13.Kung, C.-C., Chen, T.-H., Chen, W.-C., et al., Quasi-Sliding Mode Control for a Class of Multivariable Discrete Time Bilinear Systems, Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Syst., Man, Cybernetics (SMC), Seoul, Korea, October 2012, pp. 1878–1883.Google Scholar
- 14.Tarbouriech, S., Queinnec, I., Calliero, T.R., et al., Control Design for Bilinear Systems with a Guaranteed Region of Stability: An LMI-Based Approach, Proc. 17th Mediterranean Conf. on Control & Automation (MED’09), Thessaloniki, Greece, June 2009.Google Scholar
- 20.Polyak, B.T., Khlebnikov, M.V., and Shcherbakov, P.S., Upravlenie lineinymi sistemami pri vneshnikh vozmushcheniyakh: tekhnika lineinykh matrichnykh neravenstv (Control of Linear Systems Subject to Exogenous Disturbances: The Linear Matrix Inequalitiy Technique), Moscow: LENAND, 2014.Google Scholar
- 21.Grant, M. and Boyd, S., CVX: Matlab Software for Disciplined Convex Programming (web page and software), ver. 1.21, 2015, http://stanfordedu/boyd/cvx.Google Scholar