Stability of nonlinear 2D systems described by the continuous-time Roesser model
- 201 Downloads
This paper considers systems with two-dimensional dynamics (2D systems) described by the continuous-time nonlinear state-space Roesser model. The sufficient conditions of exponential stability in terms of vector Lyapunov functions are established. These conditions are then applied to analysis of the absolute stability of a certain class of systems comprising a linear continuous-time plant in the form of the Roesser model with a nonlinear characteristic in the feedback loop, which satisfies quadratic constraints. The absolute stability conditions are reduced to computable expressions in the form of linear matrix inequalities. The obtained results are extended to the class of continuous-time systems governed by the Roesser model with Markovian switching. The problems of absolute stability and stabilization via state- and output-feedback are solved for linear systems of the above class. The solution procedures for these problems are in the form of algorithms based on linear matrix inequalities.
KeywordsRemote Control Linear Matrix Inequality Exponential Stability Absolute Stability Linear Quadratic Regulator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 10.Kurek, J.E., Stability of Nonlinear Time-varying Digital 2-D Fornasini-Marchesini System, Multidimens. Syst. Signal Proc., 2012, vol. 23. Available in open access by http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11045-012-0193-4.
- 11.Pakshin, P., Galkowski, K., and Rogers, E., Absolute Stability and Stabilization of 2D Roesser Systems with Nonlinear Output Feedback, Proc. 50th IEEE Conf. Decision Control Eur. Control Conf. (CDCECC 2011), Orlando, December 12–15, 2011, pp. 6736–6741.Google Scholar
- 13.Lin, Z., Zou, Q., and Ober, R.J., The Fisher Information Matrix for Two-dimensional Data Sets, Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, Sign. Process. (ICASSP’ 03), 2003, vol. 3. pp. 453-456.Google Scholar
- 14.Gelig, A.Kh., Leonov, G.A., and Yakubovich, V.A., Ustoichivost’ nelineinykh sistem s needinstvennym sostoyaniem ravnovesiya (Stability of Nonlinear Systems with Nonunique Equilibria), Moscow: Nauka, 1978.Google Scholar
- 15.Mariton, M., Jump Linear Systems in Automatic Control, New York: Marcel Dekker, 1990.Google Scholar
- 16.Pakshin, P.V., Diskretnye sistemy so sluchainymi parametrami i strukturoi (Discrete Systems with Random Parameters and Structure), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 1994.Google Scholar
- 17.Kats, I.Ya., Metod funktsii Lyapunova v zadachakh ustoichivosti i stabilizatsii sistem sluchainoi struktury (The Method of Lyapunov Functions in Stability and Stabilization Problems for Random Structure Systems), Yekaterinburg: Ural. Gos. Akad. Putei Soobshchen., 1998. Translated under the title Stability and Stabilization of Nonlinear Systems with Random Structures, London: Taylor & Francis, 2002.Google Scholar
- 20.Pakshin, P. and Peaucelle, D., LQR Parametrization of Static Output Feedback Gains for Linear Systems with Markovian Switching and Related Robust Stabilization and Passification Problems, Proc. Joint 48th IEEE Conf. Decision Control and 28th Chinese Control Conf., Shanghai, Dec. 2009, pp. 1157–1162.Google Scholar
- 25.Krasovskii, N.N., Nekotorye zadachi teorii ustoichivosti dvizheniya (Some Problems in Theory of Motion Stability), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 1959. Translated under the title Problems of the Theory of Stability of Motion, Stanford: Stanford Univ. Press, 1963.Google Scholar
- 28.Matrosov, V.M., Metod vektornykh funktsii Lyapunova: Analiz dinamicheskikh svoistv nelineinykh sistem (Method of Vector Lyapunov Functions: Analysis of Dynamic Properties of Nonlinear Systems), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2001.Google Scholar
- 30.Zhukov, V.P., Polevye metody v issledovanii nelineinykh dinamicheskikh sistem (Field Methods in Analysis of Nonlinear Dynamic Systems), Moscow: Nauka, 1992.Google Scholar