Modifications of PID regulators
Automation in Industry
- 114 Downloads
We present a survey of the different kinds of PID regulators that have found applications in industrial automation. We present their advantages and disadvantages.
KeywordsTransfer Function Remote Control External Disturbance Inverse Operator Transport Delay
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ziegler, J.G. and Nichols, N.B., Optimum Settings for Automatic Controllers, Trans. ASME, 1942, vol. 64.Google Scholar
- 2.O’Dwyer, A., PID Compensation of Time Delayed Processes 1998–2002: A Survey, Proc. Am. Control Conf., Denver, 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.Digital Control: Past, Present and Future of PID Control, in Proc. IFAC Workshop, Quevedo, J. and Escobet, T., Eds., Terrassa, Spain, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Ang, K.H., Chong, G., and Li, Y., PID Control System Analysis, Design, and Technology, IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Tech., 2005, vol. 13, no. 4.Google Scholar
- 5.Astrom, K.J. and Hagglund, T., Advanced PID Control, North Carolina: ISA, 2006.Google Scholar
- 7.Ho, W.K., Lee, T.H., Han, H.P., and Hong, Y., Self-tuning IMC-PID Control with Interval Gain and Phase Margins Assignment, IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Techn., 2001, vol. 9, no. 3.Google Scholar
- 8.Tamayo, E., Industrial Implementation of a Predictive IMC Controller, 1999 IEEE Canadian Conf. Electrical and Computer Eng., 1999, vol. 3.Google Scholar
- 9.Karakawa, K., Abe, N., and Ichihara, H., Joint Design Method of Closed-loop Identification and IMC Structure for Temperature Control System with Time Delays, Proc. 41st SICE Annual Conf., 2002, vol. 3.Google Scholar
- 10.Lee, W.S. and Shi, J., Modified IMC-PID Controllers and Generalised PID Controllers for First-order Plus Dead-time Pocesses, 7th Int. Conf. Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, 2002, vol. 2.Google Scholar
- 11.Leva, A. and Colombo, A.M., IMC-based Synthesis of the Feedback Block of ISA-PID Regulators, Proc. ECC 2001, Porto, 201.Google Scholar
- 12.Smith, O.J.M., Close Control of Loops with Dead Time, Chemical Eng. Progress, 1957, vol. 53.Google Scholar
- 13.Denisenko, V.V., PID Regulators: Design and Modification Principles. I, II, Sovremennye Tekhnologii Avtomatizatsii, 2006, no. 4; 2007, no. 1.Google Scholar
© Pleiades Publishing, Ltd. 2010