Detection of pyrethroids by spectral correlation interferometry
A label-free method based on spectral correlation interferometry has been developed for highly sensitive detection of pyrethroids by competitive immunoassay on the surface of sensor chips made of widely available microscopy glass cover slips. It is shown that the method allows independent optimization of each step of the sensor surface modification. This fact may be used to increase the efficiency of development of protocols for a wide spectrum of immunoassays that employ glass surface as a solid phase. Detection of 3-phenoxybenzoic acid, which is one of the most stable metabolites of a large number of pyrethroids, on the surface of the optimized sensor chips has been demonstrated on the level of 15 pg/ml. That is 50 times better than the sensitivity of the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA).
surface plasmon resonance
phosphate buffered saline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Zherdev, A.V., Dzantiev, B.B., and Trubaceva, J.N., Anal. Chim. Acta, 1997, vol. 347, nos. 1–2, p. 13.Google Scholar
- 9.Toyooka, T., J. Chromatogr., 2012, vols. 883–884, pp. 59–67.Google Scholar
- 14.Nikitin, P.I., in Handbook-Biosensors and Biochips, Marks, R.S., et al., Eds., New York: John Wiley and Sons, 2007, Ch. 27, pp. 1–13.Google Scholar
- 15.Krasnikova, T.L., Nikitin, P.I., Ksenevich, T.I., Gorshkov, B.G., Orlov, A.V., Sidorova, M.V., Az’muko, A.A., Aref’eva, T.I., Kukhtina, N.B., and Bespalova, Zh.D., Dokl. Biochem. Biophys., 2010, vol. 433, pp. 559–562.Google Scholar
- 16.Ivanov, A.E., Solodukhina, N.M., Nil’son, L., Nikitin, M.P., Nikitin, P.I., Zubov, V.P., and Vikhrov, A.A., Vysokomol. Soed., Ser. A, 2012, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 3–13.Google Scholar
- 17.Diryugina, E.G., Burenin, A.G., Nikitin, M.P., Orlov, A.V., and Nikitin, P.I., Tr. Mosk. Fiz.-Tekhn. Inst., 2012, vol. 4, no. 15, pp. 11–17.Google Scholar