Receptor elements for biosensors in two ways of methylotrophic yeast immobilization
- 65 Downloads
Receptor elements for biosensors based on Hansenula polymorpha NCYC 495 ln yeast cells for ethanol assay were developed using two ways of cell immobilization, i.e., physical adsorption on a glass fiber membrane and covalent binding on a modified nitrocellulose membrane. The linear diapason of ethanol assays for a biosensor based on yeast cells adsorbed on glass fiber was 0.05–1.18; for a biosensor based on yeasts immobilized on a nitrocellulose membrane, 0.2–1.53 mM. Receptor elements based on sorbed cells possessed 2.5 times higher long-term stability. The time response was 1.5 times less for cells immobilized using DEAE-dextran and benzoquinone. The results of ethyl alcohol assays using biosensors based on cells immobilized via adsorption and covalent binding, as well as using the standard areometric method, had high correlation coefficients (0.998 and 0.997, respectively, for the two ways of immobilization). The results indicate the possibility to consider the described models of receptor elements for biosensors as prototypes for experimental samples for practical use.
KeywordsImmobilization Yeast Cell Apply Biochemistry Covalent Binding Methylotrophic Yeast
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sibirnyi, V.A., Gonchar, M.V., Ryabova, O.V., and Maidan, M.M., Mikrobiol. Zh., 2005, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 85–100.Google Scholar
- 2.Alferov, V.A., Arlyapov, V.A., and Kamanin, S.S., Izv. TulGU. Estestv. Nauki, 2010, no. 2, pp. 247–255.Google Scholar
- 3.Arlyapov, V.A., Ponamoreva, O.N., and Alferov, V.A., Biotekhnologiya, 2008, no. 5, pp. 84–91.Google Scholar
- 10.Arlyapov, V.A., Ponamoreva, O.N., Alferov, S.V., Alferov, V.A., and Reshetilov, A.N., Sens. Sist., 2011, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 352–360.Google Scholar
- 12.Zaitsev, M.G., Alferov, V.A., Kuznetsova, T.A., Rogova, T.V., Goryacheva, A.A., Ponamorev, K.A., and Reshetilov, A.N., Izv. TulGU. Estestv. Nauki, 2008, no. 2, pp. 200–207.Google Scholar
- 13.Alferov, V.A., Zaitsev, M.G., Ponamoreva, O.N., Kuznetsova, T.A, Rogova, T.V., and Reshetilov, A.N., Zh. Anal. Khim., 2011, vol. 66, no. 12, pp. 1322–1329.Google Scholar
- 15.Garmash, A.V., Metrologicheskie osnovy analiticheskoi khimii (Metrological Bases of Analytical Chemistry), Moscow: MGU, 2005.Google Scholar