Preparation of biodegradable porous films for use as wound coverings
- 84 Downloads
We studied the preparation of polymeric films formed from solutions of poly-3-hydroxybutyrate and poly-ε-caprolactone in chloroform and methylene chloride. A morphological study of film chips (electron microscopy) showed that solvent evaporation results in the formation of a heterogeneous structure with interpenetrating pores (1–20 μm). We proposed a new method for introducing the proteolytic enzyme and the aminopolysaccharide chitosan into the composition of polyester films. Composite films possessed necrolytic activity and were characterized by increased hydrophilicity. Properties of enzyme-containing films from a mixture of polymers (proteolytic activity, porous structure, and increased hydrophilicity) account for their use in the preparation of biodegradable wound coverings.
KeywordsChitosan Trypsin Apply Biochemistry Proteolytic Enzyme Solvent Evaporation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vasnev, V.A., Vysokomol. Soedin., 1997, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2073–2086.Google Scholar
- 2.Polishchuk, A.Ya., Kazakova, M.V., and Zaikov, G.E., Plast. Massy, 2000, no. 4, pp. 31–34.Google Scholar
- 3.Volova, T.G., Sevast’yanov, V.I. and Shishatskaya, E.I., Polioksialkanoaty (POA)—biorazrushaemye polimery dlya meditsiny (Polyoxyalkanoates (POA): Biodegradable Polymers for Medicine), Novosibirsk: Izd. SO RAN, 2003.Google Scholar
- 4.Kil’deeva, N.R., Gal’braikh, L.S., Vikhoreva, G.A., Bychuk, M.A., Iordanskii, A.L., and Mironov, A.V., Struktura i dinamika molekulyarnykh sistem (Structure and Dynamics of Molecular Systems), Grunina, Yu.B., Ed., Yoshkar-Ola: Izd. MarGTU, 2005, No. 12, part 1, pp. 342–345.Google Scholar
- 5.Paul, D.R. and Newman, S., Polymer Blends, New York: Academic, 1978, vol. 1. Translated under the title Polimernye smesi, Moscow: Mir, 1981, vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 6.Kil’deeva, N.R., Vikhoreva, G.A., Efremenko, E.N., Peregudov, A.A., and Perminov, P.I., Sovremennye perspektivy v issledovanii khitina i khitozana. Mater. 7-oi Mezhdunar. konf. (Modern Prospects in Studying Chitin and Chitosan. Proc. 7th Int. Conf.), Moscow, 2003, pp. 395–398.Google Scholar