Sea ice growth at nonstationary ocean-atmosphere heat exchange
- 30 Downloads
A thermodynamic model of sea snow-ice cover growth under the influence of heat flows on its upper and lower surfaces is presented. The growing is described with an extended region of phase transition (a two-phase region) with a linear temperature distribution. The temperature of the upper surface is calculated with the use of a heat-balance equation on the basis of determinable meteorological observation data. The comparison of the model results with freezing experimental data is performed.
KeywordsSnow Accumulation Linear Temperature Distribution Cover Growth Atmosphere Heat Exchange Lead Existence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. V. Aleksandrov and A. P. Malygin, “Analytical description of seawater crystallization in ice fissures and their influence on heat exchange between the ocean and the atmosphere,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 411(3), 390–394 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.P. V. Bogorodskii and A. V. Pnyushkov, “A Simple Model for Seawater Crystallization in the Temperature Spectrum,” Oceanology 47(4), 539–545 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Vasil’ev, A. M. Maksimov, E. E. Petrov, and G. G. Tsypkin, Heat and Mass Transfer in Freezing and Thawing Soils (Nauka, Moscow, 1997), p. 224 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. P. Doronin and N. V. Kubyshkin, Growth and Thawing of Sea Ice (Gidrometeoizdat, St. Petersburg, 2001), p. 42 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Zubov, Arctic ice (Izd. Glavsevmorputi, Moscow, 1945), p. 360 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Kamenkovich, Fundamentals of ocean dynamics (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1973), p. 209 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Makshtas, The Heat Budget of Arctic Ice in the Winter (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1984), p. 66 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.A. P. Makshtas, “Modelling of sea ice cover in climate researches,” in Sea ice (Gidrometeoizdat, St. Petersburg, 1997), pp. 255–274 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. L. Nazintsev and V. V. Panov, Sea ice phase content and thermal properties (Gidrometeoizdat, St. Petersburg, 2000), p. 83 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.K. P. Tyshko, N. V. Cherepanov, and V. I. Fedotov, Crystalline Structure of the Sea Ice Cover (Gidrometeoizdat, St. Petersburg, 2000), p. 66 [in Russian].Google Scholar