The Jordan Property for Lie Groups and Automorphism Groups of Complex Spaces
- 10 Downloads
We prove that the family of all connected n-dimensional real Lie groups is uniformly Jordan for every n. This implies that all algebraic (not necessarily affine) groups over fields of characteristic zero and some transformation groups of complex spaces and Riemannian manifolds are Jordan.
KeywordsJordan group bounded group Lie group algebraic group automorphism group of complex space isometry group of Riemannian manifold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. L. Popov, “On the Makar-Limanov, Derksen invariants, and finite automorphism groups of algebraic varieties,” in Affine Algebraic Geometry: The Russell Festschrift (CRM Proceedings and Lecture Notes, AmericanMath. Society, Providence, RI, 2011), Vol. 54, pp. 289–311.MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 4.V. L. Popov, “Jordan groups and automorphism groups of algebraic varieties,” in Automorphisms in Birational and Affine Geometry (Levico Terme, Italy, October 2012|rm), in Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, (Springer, Heidelberg, 2014), Vol. 79, pp. 185–213.MathSciNetzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- 5.Yu. Prokhorov and C. Shramov, “Automorphism groups of compact complex surfaces,” arXiv:1708. 03566 (2017).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Meng and D.-Q. Zhang, “Jordan property for non-linear algebraic groups and projective varieties,” to appear in Amer. J. Math., available at https://Preprint.press.jhu.edu/ajm/article/jordanproperty-non-linear-algebraic-groups-and-projective-varieties.
- 12.J. H. Silverman, The Arithmetic of Elliptic Curves in Graduate Texts in Math. (2nd ed., Springer, Dordrecht, 2009), Vol.106.Google Scholar
- 14.D. N. Akhiezer, Lie Group Actions in Complex Analysis in Aspects of Mathematics (Vieweg, Braunschweig, 1995), Vol. E27.Google Scholar
- 16.B. Csikós, L. Pyber, and E. Szabó, “Diffeomorphismgroups of compact 4-manifolds are not always Jordan,” arXiv:1411.7524 (2014).Google Scholar
- 18.V. L. Popov, “Finite subgroups of diffeomorphismgroups,” TrudyMIAN 289, 235–241 (2015) [Proc. Steklov Inst.Math. 289, 221–226 (2015)].Google Scholar
- 19.J. J. Rotman, An Introduction to the Theory of Groups in Graduate Texts in Math. (4th ed., Springer, New York, 1995), Vol.148.Google Scholar
- 21.J. Amorós, M. Burger, K. Corlette, D. Kotschick, and D. Toledo, Fundamental Groups of Compact Kähler Manifolds in Math. Surveys and Monographs (American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1996), Vol.44.Google Scholar