On the asymptotic Laplace method and its application to random chaos
- 63 Downloads
The asymptotics of the multidimensional Laplace integral for the case in which the phase attains its minimum on an arbitrary smooth manifold is studied. Applications to the study of the asymptotics of the distribution of Gaussian and Weibullian random chaoses are considered.
KeywordsLaplace asymptotic method Gaussian chaos Weibullian chaos Gelfand-Leray differential form random chaos
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Arnol’d, A. N. Varchenko, and S. M. Gusein-Zade, Singularities of Differentiable Mappings, Vol. 2: Monodromy and Asymptotic Behavior of Integrals (Nauka, Moscow, 1984; Birkhäuser, 1987).Google Scholar
- 4.M. V. Fedoryuk, Asymptotics: Integrals and Series, in Reference Mathematical Library (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.O. E. Trofimov and D. G. Frizen, “The coefficients of the asymptotic expansion of integrals by the Laplace method,” Avtometriya 2, 94 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Wong, Asymptotic Approximations of Integrals, in Computer Science and Scientific Computing (Academic Press, Boston, MA, 1989).Google Scholar
- 12.Ph. Barbe, Approximation of Integrals over Asymptotic Sets with Applications to Probability and Statistics, arXiv: math/0312132 (2003).Google Scholar
- 17.E. Hashorva, D. Korshunov, and V. I. Piterbarg, “Asymptotic expansion of Gaussian chaos via probabilistic approach,” Extremes (2015).Google Scholar
- 19.S. Foss, D. Korshunov, and S. Zachary, An Introduction to Heavy-Tailed and Subexponential Distributions, in Springer Ser. Oper. Res. Financ. Eng. (Springer, New York, 2011).Google Scholar