On the index of nonlocal elliptic operators corresponding to a nonisometric diffeomorphism
- 62 Downloads
We consider nonlocal elliptic operators corresponding to diffeomorphisms of smooth closed manifolds. The index of such operators is calculated. More precisely, it was shown that the index of the operator is equal to that of an elliptic boundary-value problem on the cylinder whose base is the original manifold. As an example, we study nonlocal operators on the two-dimensional Riemannian manifold corresponding to the tangential Euler operator.
Keywordsnonlocal elliptic operator index of an elliptic operator Riemannian manifold boundary-value problem diffeomorphism tangential Euler operator Fredholm property de Rham cohomology operators with shifts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. E. Nazaikinskii, A. Yu. Savin, and B. Yu. Sternin, Elliptic Theory and Noncommutative Geometry. Nonlocal Elliptic Operators, in Oper. Theory Adv. Appl., Advances in Partial Differential Equations (Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel, 2008), Vol. 183.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Antonevich, M. Belousov, and A. Lebedev, Functional Differential Equations. II. C*-Applications, in Pitman Monogr. Surveys Pure Appl. Math., Part 1: Equations with Continuous Coefficients (Longman, Harlow, 1998), Vol. 94; in Pitman Monogr. Surveys Pure Appl. Math. Part 2: Equations with Discontinuous Coefficients and Boundary Value Problems (Longman, Harlow, 1998), Vol. 95.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Yu. Savin and B. Yu. Sternin, “On the index of nonlocal elliptic operators for the group of dilations,” Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk 433(1), 21–24 (2010) [Russian Acad. Sci. Dokl.Math. 82 (1), 519–522 (2010)].Google Scholar
- 5.A. Yu. Savin and B. Yu. Sternin, “On the index of elliptic operators for a dilatation group,” Mat. Sb. (2011) (in press).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Yu. Savin and B. Yu. Sternin, “The index for a class of nonlocal elliptic operators,” in Spectral and Evolution Problems, Proceedings of the XIV Crimean Autumn Mathematical Conference, Vol. 14 (TNU, Simferopol, 2004), pp. 35–41 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.A. Antonevich and A. Lebedev, Functional-Differential Equations. I. C*-Theory, in Pitman Monogr. Surveys Pure Appl. Math. (Longman Sci. & Tech., Harlow, 1994), Vol. 70.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Hörmander, The Analysis of Linear Partial Differential Operators, Vol. 3: Pseudodifferential Operators (Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1983;Mir, Moscow, 1987).Google Scholar
- 11.D. P. Williams, Crossed Products of C*-algebras, in Math. Surveys Monogr. (Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2007), Vol. 134.Google Scholar