Some remarks on arithmetical properties of recursive sequences on elliptic curves over a finite field
- 53 Downloads
In connection with problems of information theory, we study arithmetical progressions constructed at the points of elliptic curves over a finite field. For certain types of such curves, we establish the distribution of the quadratic residues at the x-coordinates of the sequence of points corresponding to progressions if the elliptic curves is defined over a simple field. A description of the set of all progressions on elliptic curves over a finite field is also given.
Key wordsWeierstrass normal form elliptic curve arithmetical progression finite field generator of pseudorandom numbers Sylow subgroup
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Gong, T. Berson, and D. Stinson, “Elliptic curve pseudorandom sequences generator,” in Selected Areas in Cryptography, Lecture Notes in Comput. Sci., Kingston, ON, 1999 (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2000), Vol. 1758, pp. 34–48.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Gong and C. Lam, “Linear recursive sequences over elliptic curves,” in Sequences and Their Applications, Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci. (Lond.), Bergen, 2001 (Springer-Verlag, London, 2002), pp. 182–196.Google Scholar
- 3.C. P. Xing, “Constructions of sequences from algebraic curves over finite fields,” in Sequences and Their Applications, Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci. (Lond.), Bergen, 2001 (Springer-Verlag, London, 2002), pp. 88–100.Google Scholar
- 5.V. E. Tarakanov, “Linear recursive sequences on elliptic curves and their applications in cryptography,” in Works in Discrete Mathematics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2006), Vol. 9, pp. 340–356 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.I. R. Shafarevich, Foundations of Algebraic Geometry (Nauka, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. E. Tarakanov, “Divisibility properties of the points of elliptic curves over a finite field,” in Works in Discrete Mathematics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2001), Vol. 4, 243–258 [in Russian].Google Scholar