Amplitude Delta Factors and Phase Shifts of Tidal Waves for the Earth with the Ocean on the Territory of Russia
- 1 Downloads
The results of the calculation of the amplitude delta factors and phase shifts of semidiurnal and diurnal tidal waves for a rotating self-gravitating ellipsoidal inelastic Earth with the ocean are presented, and the method used to calculate them is briefly described. The maps of distribution of the considered tidal parameters are constructed for the M2 and K1 waves over the territory of Russia; the zones with extreme and generally accepted values are identified. A discussion of the revealed features of the distribution of the amplitude factors and phase shifts on the territory of the Russian Federation is presented.
Keywords:amplitude delta factors Earth tides oceanic gravimetric effect ATLANTIDA3.1 software for predicting the Earth tides
The study was accomplished as part of a state order to Schmidt Institute of Physics of the Earth, Russian Academy of Sciences.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Carrère, L., Lyard, F., Cancet, M., Guillot, A., and Roblou, L., FES2012: A new global tidal model taking advantage of nearly 20 years of altimetry, 20 Years of Alti-metry: Proceedings of Meeting, Venice, 2012.Google Scholar
- 3.Petit, G. and Luzum, B., IERS Conventions (IERS Tech. Note no. 36), Frankfurt am Main: Bundesamts für Kartographie und Geodäsie, 2010.Google Scholar
- 4.Spiridonov, E.A., Software for analysis of observational data on Earth tides ATLANTIDA3.1_2014, Nauka Tekhnol. Razrab., 2014, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 3–48.Google Scholar
- 5.Spiridonov, E.A., Results of comparison of predicted Earth tidal parameters and observational data, Seism. Instrum, 2015a, vol. 51, no. 1. pp. 60–69.Google Scholar
- 6.Spiridonov, E.A., How dissipation and selection of the Earth model on the quality of the Earth tidal prediction, Seism. Instrum, 2015b, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 224–232.Google Scholar
- 7.Spiridonov, E.A., Corrections of Love’s number for relative and Coriolis accelerations and their latitudinal dependence, Geofiz.Protsessy Biosfera, 2016a, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 73–81.Google Scholar
- 8.Spiridonov, E.A., Amplitude delta-factors of the second order and their latitudinal dependence, Geol. Geofiz., 2016b, no. 4, pp. 796–807.Google Scholar
- 13.Tamura, Y., A harmonic development of the tide generating potential, Bull. Inf. Mar. Terr., 1987, no. 99.Google Scholar
- 14.Wenzel, H.G., The nanogal software: Earth tide data processing package Eterna 3.30, Bull. Inf. Mar. Terr., 1996, vol. 124, pp. 9425–9439.Google Scholar