Speed of Tropical Cyclone Motion in Field of Gravity Anomalies
- 8 Downloads
The dependence of the speed of tropical-cyclone motion on the values of gravity anomalies in the regions of cyclone action is studied. The regression dependence of the cyclone motion speed on the gravity anomalies is revealed. Calculations are performed for cyclonic zones of the northwestern Pacific and western Atlantic. Fields of vertical components of the gravity anomalies are considered.
Keywords:tropical cyclones gravity anomalies speed of cyclone motion
This work was supported by the Program of Basic Research of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences no. 51 under the Methods for Evaluating and Considering the Effect of the Nonuniform Gravity Field in the Studies of Atmospheric and Climate Dynamics Project.
- 1.A. A. Dmitriev and F. I. Rudyaev, “On the background role of the Earth’s gravity field in atmospheric processes,” Tr. Dal’nevost. Nauchno-Issled. Gidrometeorol. Inst., No. 79, 143–147 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.F. I. Rudyaev, “Influence of the Earth’s abnormal gravity field on the atmospheric circulation system,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk 310 (6), 1345–1448 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Makosko and B. D. Panin, Atmospheric Dynamics in the Nonuniform Gravitational Field (RGGMU, St. Petersburg, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Makosko, K. G. Rubinshtein, V. M. Losev, and E. A. Boyarskii, Mathematical Modeling of the Atmosphere in the Nonuniform Gravitational Field (Nauka, Moscow, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.M. Yaroshevich, “Investigation of possible effect of gravitational field inhomogeneities on tropical cyclones,” Trop. Cyclone Res. Rev. 2 (2), 124–130 (2013).Google Scholar