Ferromagnetic resonance in multilayer [Fe/Cr]n structures with noncollinear magnetic ordering
- 45 Downloads
The excitation spectrum in an [Fe/Cr]n multilayer structure with non-collinear magnetic ordering was studied by the ferromagnetic resonance (FMR) method in the frequency interval 9.5–37 GHz at room temperature. Besides an acoustic branch, several additional modes were observed under parallel excitation of resonance. The FMR spectrum was calculated analytically in a biquadratic exchange model, neglecting in-plane anisotropy, for an infinite number of layers in the structure and numerically for a finite number of layers contained in real samples. It was shown that the observed modes correspond to excitation of standing spin waves with wave vectors perpendicular to the film plane.
PACS numbers76.50.+g 75.70.Cn 75.60.Ej
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V. V. Ustinov, L. N. Romashev, V. I. Minin et al., Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 80(2), 71 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Schreyer, J. F. Ankner, Th. Zeidler et al., Phys. Rev. B 52, 16066 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Ustinov, N. G. Bebenin, L. N. Romashev et al., Phys. Rev. B 54, 15958 (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.P. E. Wigen and Z. Zhang, Braz. J. Phys. 22, 267 (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.N. G. Bebenin, A. V. Kobelev, A. P. Tankeev, and V. V. Ustinov, Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 82(4), 39 (1996).Google Scholar
- 12.N. M. Kreines, A. N. Kolmogorov, and V. F. Mescheriakov, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 177–181, 1189 (1998).Google Scholar
- 13.S. M. Rezende, C. Chesman, M. A. Lucena et al., J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 177–181, 1213 (1998).Google Scholar
- 16.A. Azevedo, C. Chesman, M. Lucena et al., J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 177–181, 1177 (1998).Google Scholar
- 17.V. V. Ustinov, T. P. Krinitsina, V. V. Popov et al., Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 84(4), 161 (1997).Google Scholar
- 18.N. G. Bebenin and V. V. Ustinov, Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 84(2), 29 (1997).Google Scholar