Effect of impurities on the low-temperature behavior of the specific heat of anisotropic superconductors in a mixed state
In the presence of zeros of the order parameter in an anisotropic superconductor, the combined effect of a magnetic field and impurities leads to two different limiting magnetic-field dependences of the specific heat. These dependences are studied both for Born scatterers and in the unitary limit for several specific examples of anisotropic pairing. A estimate is given for the crossover field.
PACS numbers74.60.Ec 74.25.Bt 74.62.Dh
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.E. Janod, R. Calemczuk, J.-Y. Henry, and J. Flouquet, preprint (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.D. Xu, S. Yip, and J. A. Sauls, Phys. Rev. B 51, 16223 (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. S. Barash and A. A. Svidzinsky, Phys. Rev. B 53, 15254 (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Ueda and T. M. Rice in Theory of Heavy Fermions and Valence Fluctuations, edited by T. Kasuya and T. Saso, Springer, Berlin, 1985, p. 267.Google Scholar
- 13.K. Maki, in Superconductivity, edited by R. D. Parks, Dekker, New York, 1969.Google Scholar