Self-cooling of weak solutions of 3He in 4He during adiabatic melting
- 24 Downloads
A new method of pressure regularization in the measuring cell is proposed for experiments on self-cooling of weak solutions. Preliminary results are presented for solutions with concentrations of 2% and 7%. Cooling by a factor of 1.5–2 was observed in the starting-temperature range 40–140 mK.
PACS numbers67.60−g 67.80.Gb
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Greenberg, B. Hebral, M. Papoular et al., J. de Physique (Paris) 41, Colloq. C7-79 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.B. van den Brandt, W. Griffioen, G. Frossati et al., Physica B 114, 295 (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.R. König, A. Betat, and F. Pobell, J. Low Temp. Phys. 97, 311 (1994).Google Scholar
- 11.V. Lounasmaa, Experimental Principles and Methods Below 1 K, Academic Press, N. Y., 1974 [Russian translation, Mir, Moscow, 1977, p. 92].Google Scholar
- 12.E. N. Smith, D. F. Brewer, J. D. Reppy et al., Physica B 107, 585 (1981).Google Scholar
- 13.B. N. Esel’son, V. G. Ivantsov, V. A. Koval’ et al., Properties of Liquid and Solid Helium: 3 He–4 He Solutions [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1982.Google Scholar
- 14.R. Radebaugh, NBS (US) Tech. Note No. 362 (1967).Google Scholar