Poisson bracket scheme for vortex dynamics in superfluids and superconductors and the effect of the band structure of the crystal
Poisson brackets for the Hamiltonian dynamics of vortices are discussed for 3 regimes, in which the dissipation can be neglected and the vortex dynamics is reversible: (i) The superclean regime, in which the spectral flow is suppressed. (ii) The regime in which the fermions are pinned by the crystal lattice. This includes the regime of extreme spectral flow of fermions in the vortex core: these fermions are effectively pinned by the normal component. (iii) The case when the vortices are strongly pinned by the normal component. All these limits are described by the single parameter C0, the physical meaning of which is discussed for superconductors containing several bands of electrons and holes. The effect of the topology of the Fermi surface on the vortex dynamics is also discussed.
PACS numbers03.40.Gc 47.37.+q 67.40.Vs 74.60.Ge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.N. B. Kopnin and A. V. Lopatin, Phys. Rev. B 51, 15291 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.N. B. Kopnin, G. E. Volovik, and Ü. Parts, Europhys. Lett. 32, 651 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Stone, Phys. Rev. B 54, 13222 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.A. F. Andreev and M. Yu. Kagan, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 86, 546 (1984) [Sov. Phys. JETP 59, 318 (1984)].Google Scholar
- 9.G. E. Volovik, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 104, 3070 (1993) [JETP 77, 435 (1993)].Google Scholar