The effect of thermodynamic fluctuations on the formation of superstructures in random heteropolymers
- 11 Downloads
The behavior of a random AB block copolymer with the same fraction of monomers of each type near the critical point has been studied. In the Brazovskii approximation it is shown that thermodynamic fluctuations give rise to a lamellar structure whose period is greater than the size of a block. The structure appears as a result of a first-order phase transition. The parameters of this transition are calculated and the region of coexistence of the disordered and lamellar phases is found.
PACS numbers61.41.+e 68.65.eg 05.40.eg 05.70.Jk 05.70.Fh
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. I. Shakhnovich and A. M. Gutin, J. Phys. (Paris) 50, 1843 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.S. V. Panyukov and S. I. Kuchanov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 99, 659 (1991) [Sov. Phys. JETP 72, 368 (1991)].Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Dobrynin and I. Ya. Erukhimovich, J. Phys. I (Paris) 5, 365 (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.S. A. Brazovskii, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 68, 175 (1975) [Sov. Phys. JETP 41, 85 (1975)].Google Scholar
- 7.P. de Gennes, Scaling Concepts in Polymer Physics, Cornell University Press, Ithaca, N. Y., 1979 [Russian translation, Mir, Moscow, 1982].Google Scholar