Universality of the ratio of the critical amplitudes of the magnetic susceptibility in a two-dimensional ising model with nonmagnetic impurities
- 40 Downloads
The behavior of the magnetic susceptibility of a two-dimensional Ising model with nonmagnetic impurities is investigated numerically. A new method for determining the critical amplitudes and critical temperature is developed. The results of a numerical investigation of the ratio of the critical amplitudes of the magnetic susceptibility are presented. It is shown that the ratio of the critical amplitudes is universal right up to impurity concentrations q ≤ 0.25 (the percolation point of a square lattice is qc = 0.407254). The behavior of the effective critical exponent γ(q) of the magnetic susceptibility is discussed. Apparently, a transition from Ising-type universal behavior to percolation behavior should occur in a quite narrow concentration range near the percolation point of the lattice.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. B. Stinchcombe, in Phase Transitions and Critical Phenomena, Ed. by C. Domb and J. L. Lebowitz (Academic, New York, 1983), Vol. 7.Google Scholar
- 2.W. Selke, L. N. Shchur, and A. L. Talapov, in Annual Reviews of Computational Physics, Ed. by D. Stauffer (World Scientific, Singapore, 1995), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Binder and W. Heermann, Monte Carlo Simulation in Statistical Physics (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1998).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Kühn, cond-mat/9405047.Google Scholar
- 10.J.-K. Kim and A. Patrascioiu, Phys. Rev. B 49, 15764 (1994); Phys. Rev. Lett. 72, 2785 (1994).Google Scholar
- 11.S. L. A. de Queiroz and R. B. Stinchcombe, Phys. Rev. B 50, 9976 (1994).Google Scholar
- 12.V. Privman, P. C. Hohenberg, and A. Aharony, in Phase Transitions and Critical Phenomena, Ed. by C. Domb and J. L. Lebowitz (Academic, New York, 1991), Vol. 14.Google Scholar
- 13.D. Stauffer and A. Aharony, Introduction to Percolation Theory (Taylor and Francis, London, 1992).Google Scholar
- 27.B. Derrida, B. W. Southern, and D. Stauffer, J. Phys. (Paris) 48, 335 (1987).Google Scholar
- 29.W. Selke, L. N. Shchur, and O. A. Vasilyev, Physica A (Amsterdam) 259, 388 (1998).Google Scholar
- 30.O. A. Vasilyev, http://www.itp.ac.ru/preprints/vas000201.