Skyrmions in electron gas with nonlocal exchange in a strong magnetic field
- 41 Downloads
The energy and action for skyrmions in two-dimensional electron gas with nonlocal exchange have been calculated. The energy of positively charged skyrmions is considerably lower than the energy of negatively charged skyrmions and does not contain an exchange contribution. The action has been calculated taking into account collective skyrmion null modes.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Magnetic Field State Physics Field Theory Elementary Particle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Sondhi, A. Kahlrede, S. Kivelson, and E. Rezai, Phys. Rev. B 47, 16418 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Fertig, L. Brey, R. Cote, and A. H. MacDonald, Phys. Rev. B 50, 11018 (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. Bychkov, T. Maniv, and I. Vagner, Phys. Rev. B 53, 10148 (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Iordanskii and S. Plyasunov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 112, 1899[JETP 85, 1039 (1997)]; cond-mat/9706236.Google Scholar
- 9.R. Radjaraman, Solitons and Instantons. An Introduction to Solitons and Instantons in Quantum Field Theory, North Holland, Amsterdam (1985).Google Scholar