Structure of the superconducting state of superconductors near the critical field Hc2 for values of the Ginzburg-Landau parameter kclose to unity
- 21 Downloads
It is shown that near the transition temperature Tc the coefficients of the second and third terms in the expansion of the free energy in powers of Hc2−B (B is the magnetic field induction inside the superconductor) go to zero simultaneously for a value of κ=1 for the Ginzburg-Landau parameter. Thereby the structure of the mixed state near Hc2 for a value of the parameter κ close to unity is determined by the temperature correction to the coefficient for the third power and the coefficient for the fourth power in the expansion of the free energy in powers of Hc2−B. The values of these coefficients depend on the type of vortex lattice.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Magnetic Field Vortex Free Energy State Physics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Abrikosov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 32, 1442 (1957) [Sov. Phys. JETP 5, 1174 (1957)].Google Scholar
- 2.R. D. Parks, ed., Superconductivity (Marcell Dekker, New York, 1969).Google Scholar
- 3.P. G. de Gennes, Superconductivity of Metals and Alloys (W. A. Benjamin, New York-Amsterdam, 1966).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Abrikosov, Fundamentals of the Theory of Metals (North-Holland Elsevier, Groningen, 1988; Nauka, Moscow, 1987).Google Scholar
- 6.V. L. Ginzburg and L. D. Landau, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 20, 1064 (1950).Google Scholar
- 7.I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, eds., Tables of Integrals, Series, and Products (Academic Press, New York, 1965; Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1962).Google Scholar