Propagation of a few-cycle laser pulse in a V-type three-level system
- 51 Downloads
Propagation of a few-cycle laser pulse in a V-type three-level system (fine structure levels of rubidium) is investigated numerically. The full three-level Maxwell-Bloch equations without the rotating wave approximation and the standing slowly varying envelope approximation are solved by using a finite-difference time-domain method. It is shown that, when the usual unequal oscillator strengths are considered, self-induced transparency cannot be recovered and higher spectral components can be produced even for small-area pulses.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.J. Xiao, Z. Y. Wang, and Z. Z. Xu, Phys. Rev. A 65, 031402R (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Hughes, Phys. Rev. A 62, 055 401 (2000).Google Scholar
- 10.X. H. Song, S. Q. Gong, S. Q. Jin, and Z. Z. Xu, Phys. Rev. A 69, 015 801 (2004).Google Scholar
- 17.V. G. Arkhipkin and I. V. Timofeev, Phys. Rev. A 64, 053811 (2001).Google Scholar
- 18.G. G. Grigoryan and Y. T. Pashayan, Phys. Rev. A 64, 013816 (2001).Google Scholar
- 22.R. Netz and T. Feurer, Phys. Rev. A 64, 043808 (2001).Google Scholar